Posts by FnordMan

This is a decent form of energy storage in real life, and the cables are also good. But consider how it is compared to this game. We already have the ability to store ludicrous amounts of energy in MFS units. We already have near perfect conductors that are very costly (glass fiber cable). And if you want to talk realism, consider how flywheels are a VERY high tech form of storage, and their energy density is so poor that only experimental ones in research labs can store a significant amount of energy. The commercial ones store no more than batteries.

almost less than battieries. The amount of storage they hold is enough to hold stuff over for scant minutes. Just long enough for the generators to kick in.
    Their big advantage is there aren't costly Sealed Led Acid batteries to replace every 3-5 years like in a UPS

I have tried multiple times (as in multiple I mean DOZENS) to get IC^2 working with Zombe's Mod Pack, I really want to start combining the power of the build functions with making my survival/quest map, plus the fly mod is great for single player. If somebody could precompile a .minecraft with IC^2 installed and Zombe's Mod Pack installed and working it would be GREAT!!! In reward my latest source of fuel as of 1.23

more than likely zombie's mod pack is incompatable with the forge as something tells me they both modify the same files. If you just want flying in single player than use ssp commands and bind a key to the fly command.
    in my case I used z: bind z fly

Can you add an option to disable the fusion reactor? It's ridiculously overpowered, and I don't want anybody on my server to be using it. That is, once this becomes SMP.

Fusion reactor? overpowered? in what universe?
    Have you actually built one? the thing's ridiculously expensive. *8* reactor chamber + an advanced machine for just the base block. Plus if you want the max output you need 8 *stacks* of coal for the superconducting coil.

advanced recycler NEXT;) then all 4 machines are done for the upgrade if u make this happen its a perfect addon :thumbup:

1: English.. "u" is a letter, not a word
    2: why? the regular recyclers are plenty fast as is. I've got 4 that can keep up with a quarry just fine. Not the quarry and cobble generator though. Although given how much scrap it either produces i'm fine with this.

anybody know how to change a block id for equivalent exchange? because i can't figure it out

the properties file for EE is in the base .minecraft directory for some reason, not in the config folder. I rather forget what it's called as i've since ripped EE out in favor of the iron chests addon

I'd love to see your nether factory if you want to post screenshots.. or a world download :D

ok, got a demo world set up: download link
    Extra mods (other than IC2) used:
    Buildcraft (v2.2.5)
    Bucket Filler (latest version for 2.2.5, Block ID 170)
    Zeldo's additional pipes (using r27 right now as r29 has issues with redpower)

I included both versions, the more complicated version involving buckets and the much simpler direct lava cell method. Both involve overflow pipes in case of running out of lava or power so components don't get wasted.

note: I usually use an Energy Coupler, it's regulators and power teleport pipes to power stuff like that :) (but I didn't just for demo purposes)

I do have redpower installed but it shouldn't be required.

I'd love to see your nether factory if you want to post screenshots.. or a world download :D

it's a bit of a mess, i've got a overview sorta of view here that I posted for another thread.

as to the world download? I could do that but i've got a *lot* of the addon mods installed.

What? now I'm confused. This mod adds bigger chests, not power converters or whatnot. You want twelve A, right along the corridor. In other words, this mod ought to work perfectly without industrial-craft, as it does not use power for anything, nor even, aside from the industrial diamonds (which I think I can ignore safely), use any industrial-craft items.

oopsie, thought I was looking at a power converter mod.

still, look at one of the planned features: personal chests.

I'm pretty sure the bucket filler will fill cells directly. Seems to work just fine for me.

First is the general setup (empty cells in the top, lava in the bottom, lava cells out the side).
    Second and third show that it is indeed making the cells itself.

waitwhat? oh sure.. totally simplify my machine out from under me :)

guess I get to re-build my lava cell machine in the nether again. (for whenever I get enough cells to restart operations. running low on tin)

I don't quite understand why this has to be a IdustrailCraft Addon - it could just as well be a stand alone mod with industrailcraft features - other people might want to use it..

Regardless i use industrailcraft - but i think you should release it mainstream - and not tuck it away in a cornor of the everlasting internets.

wha? stand along with IC features? What uses does this have without IC? nothing, that's what... It's solely for converting IC energy to BC energy. The regulator pipes aren't usable with standard engines.

I'm still having issues with loading this on the server. It still gets loaded prior to buildcraft causing severe crashes, and that despite renaming the zip file.
    I got pigalot to try renaming the class of his bucketfiller mod to have an extra z before the name, as it actually got loaded between core and transport. I'm not sure exactly how modloaderMP loads, but it seems that on some systems, a simple rename of the zip is not enough, but possibly forcing the mod_modname-of-choice to be mod_z-modname-of-choice might work. At least, logically, it seems to make sense.

any chance we could test that theory ?

Edit: The issue is only on smp, btw, my client loads it fine.

Last I heard the alphabetical loading only really happened on windows machines. I think removing the file and adding another copy in will force it lower on the list in a *nix environment but i'm not 100% sure there.

I have a nuclear reactor outputting LV power. I transform it into HV power (see attached picture). I then wire it in to a MFSU. When I run the reactor, it makes reactor noises and the uranium and cooling cells go up/down. The reactor emits no power. I have confirmed this by reading the power with an EU reader. Throughout the entire system, no power is running. I don't know if this is a bug or if it is a fault on my part. I know it is not a problem with haveing the transformers hooked up wrong.

Just wire the reactor directly to the MFSU, transformers are only needed to step down, not up.

I have no other mods.

I have tryed every way i could have thought of including sideways and seeing if mixing dusts still no luck i wish.

I wish i could just ignore it but seeing as it is required for the advanced machine it kepps bothering me.

well with no real info we can't help you at all.
    what did you use to craft it? it takes 3 of each of these: refined iron, bronze, tin. all horizontal. (I always forget the recipe so i've got a buildcraft factory to make it for me)

im not for sure. it popped up today that an update for java is ready.. it said java 6 update 29 so i don't know.. im updating java and going to re-download additional pipes.. is it possible for you to make that world from the screenshots you showed me a download? if so please post it so i can take a look at the world. :thumbup:

give me a bit, I can have a world with a lava cell setup with advanced pipes tomorrow if you still need it. I'll just have to be careful and only use the additional pipes and bucket filler addons. (I usually use one of the IC-> BC power converters to power the thing)

do note that additional pipes r29 won't work with redpower installed, there's a block ID conflict and you can't move the chunk loader block. You also may need to move the bucketfiller block Id, i've got mine at 170

4 diamonds??? i think its too expensive i think better to use 1 or 2 diamonds

this has been gone over before, read the thread. used to be 8, 4 still sounds too cheap for me given the large amount of storage.
    I've got at least 10 diamond chest now, the cost is acceptable where it is. If you need more diamond then set up a recycling array and cobblestone generator. (i'll assume you have Buildcraft installed, BC2 and IC2 are almost mandatory together) You'll get plenty out of the scrap boxes.