Posts by FnordMan

I've read the wiki tried to craft a :Metal Block: metal bock, did not work. Tried several other posible recipies, still no luck.

Could some one please help

This is more a support issue than a bug issue. works great for me but in the words of #5: "Need input"
    you can't just go "HALP! It are borken!"
    what mods do you have installed? are you sure they're all working? (look through Modloader.txt for that last one)

BC tanks take care of the storage... Glass is 'dirt cheap' and easy to use after crafting.

I have 32 Generators, and they tie to 2 MFE's on an 8 by 4 winged setup. From the volume of liquid that I'm able to pump, I chew threw BLOCKS of Tin like no tomorrow trying to refined my stored liquid for electricity. I eventually had to create a custom recipe with refined iron and a slightly higher empty cell yield to make up for this deficit (due to the fact that I can 'grow' iron more easily than tin)...

But on the plus side, I use this setup for 'wireless energy', so it's not that big of a deal once I get my cells in my generators.. lol

I think I know what you mean now about the cells chewing through tin. I've got a lava cell factory running in the nether and it's sorta decimated my tin supply some.
    why the nether? needed lava and that was the most plentiful source :) (granted the game's on peaceful...)
    I wonder how much the (buildcraft) pump will slurp up when I let it run overnight. (provided the MFE doesn't totally drain out)

but on the upshot I should be able to turbocharge the Mass Fab once I expand the geothermal generators (have 2 right now, want to build more)
    I don't really need the uu-matter so i'm mostly just killing time until the next minecraft version is out and forge ready.

And Eloraam called them tubes, for to somehow distance them from BC pipes. xD
    Although they will by next feature release of BC (3.0) be totally inferior to pipes (If she don't chance them)
    (But as of now, SpaceToad gets back at Eloraam, hard *slam*LOLROFLPWND*).

Not that bad, the tubes are still useful. Like with her block breakers makes a perfect cobble generator with automatic overflow.
    Have the two breakers hooked to a pair of chests, when the first fills up the rest automatically go to the chest for recycling. No extra mods required.
    my big problem is you can't extract stuff out of chests with the tubes, it's purely for the output of her machines right now.

So all our epic solar panel arrays that we can barely get to have to be maintained now?

It costs 8 Iron, 4 Tin, 3 cable, 2 redstone, 3 coal powder, and 3 glass per solar panel, these only output .5 EU/t. The only reason I use them is because of their passive status (They don't generate crap for power). I'd rather go underground, get a bucket of lava, and get more output from a Geothermal (which I do occasionally solely because solar arrays can't power my base enough).

The point is for lower tier play, Solar Panels are vital how they are. Once you hit anything serious there's no point to have them except for running basics (unless somehow you have 3,000,000 Iron lying about) Personally I'd say Geothermal would become the big one if Al would just make the power plant allow Liquid Pipes.

8 iron? only if you do it the expensive way. I use 8 cobble, 5 iron and 1 refined iron.

sure it "only" saves 2 but 1: i'm cheap like that (and with a BC2 factory it's basically no more effort) and 2: every little bit helps. I've got 160 solar panel now, it adds up.

This was done long ago. Just turn off generation of the raw ores in the world (e.g., in redpower/redpower.cfg, in the "generate" section) for one of the two mods, or even don't. You can make all the Redpower copper- and tin-using recipes with IndustrialCraft copper and tin, and it's intended to work (though I personally haven't tested) the other way around as well. If you leave generation turned on for both mods, you'll get distinct types of raw ore blocks that don't stack with each other, but they can both be macerated into a single type of dust and then smelted into a single type of ingot.

not to mention you can also grind RP2 copper and tin into IC2 dusts in a macerator. I've only got one chest of copper and tin in it's IC2 form. (and *lots* of mostly useless copper)
    when I added RC2 and "upgraded" the world (giant MCedit purge) to force generation of the new ores I only had to make two tweaks to my ore processing station, just had to add the RP2 stuff to the diamond sorting pipes.

Cells shouldnt be consumed when used they should turn back into empty cells. I know some ppl dont want that so maybe a config option?

If you're really concerned with the tiny amount of tin it takes (relatively) than just cycle buckets around to the generator directly. gets rather more complicated that way though.
    My current setup just makes lava cells which I load up to the generators manually. Much easier to just dump a stack in a generator. Course I only have 2 generators and have since used up all of my lava storage (must find a nice ravine to drain)

If anybody has a lava Cell :Lava Cell: factory could you either a. make a tutorial on how to make one or b. just explain how to make one? because I'm having trouble on how to make one because i have a huge lava storage and nothing to do with it :( any help is much appreciated :thumbup:

in the words of #5: Need input
    What other mods do you have installed?
    I've had one working in the past in my test world but it requires the Bucket filler and Additional pipes Buildcraft addons. (as well as buildcraft itself, obviously)

It's a straightforward build though. Lava buckets get filled via the bucket filler. Empty buckets get stuffed in via regular pipes (or an advanced insertion pipe) and an advanced wooden pipe pulls the filled bucket out.

from there you drop the filled buckets into a auto crafting table input chest and then extract the empty buckets with an advanced wooden, back to the filler.

the number of buckets cycling through the system depends on how your powering the bucket filler. With redstone you can get away with just one.

I've got a new map I like a lot, save that I'm under one of those BC2 rubberwood trees. Anyone got an elegant solution for getting rid of them without harming my lab below?

I'm wondering if the creative use of a quarry might be the answer

these things are epic huge...almost big enough to warrant a nuke (TNT barely dents them)

BC2? Aroo? Buildcraft doesn't have rubber trees. Now if your talking about a redpower rubber trees than yeah, a filler should work a treat as Drashian suggested.

I just tried them with teleport pipes and they do seem to work. It wasn't a very long distance though, so your mileage may very. And it's not necessarily that they "need" to be short, it's just that I noticed that it will start to send energy in waves if they get long. You will still only be using only the energy you need, it just won't be a steady and constant stream. If you could, try it out and report back your findings. I'd love some "real world" data, as I can only do so much in a test environment.

woot! thanks for the info. Haven't had a chance to test it out myself yet. This will make my power setup much easier, if a bit interesting to re-pipe. (buried power destinations in a couple cases) Should be able to make the central power source power more devices this way. (and regulate the 12 combustion engines back to purely power generation as was their original purpose)

as of right now i'm generally working with distances in the ~50-100 block range* but in the past i've had far flung oil pumps. Something tells me i'll just want to go the traditional steam engine or direct power route for those.

*recently did a world purge when I installed Redpower.

edit: woo, finally had a moment to re-do things a bit.
    now running a quarry, 6 harvesters, 6 planters and another converter and getting ~15-20Eu/T out in excess power from a 32 panel solar array. Previously I could only run the quarry really. Love the regulator pipes.

How isotopic separator acts with bc pipes?

Was dropping water cells out the top and extracting via additional pipes just fine in a test world. (i'm still running r27, r29 causes problems with Redpower) Had a nice deuterium factory going on with the bucket filler addon providing the buckets and water cells. .
    Have yet to build it legit yet but that's mostly because I haven't gotten around to it yet.

Ok, I think I got the crash when placing stone or gold regulator pipes squared away in v0.21.1. The downside is that you have to run BuildCraft 2.2.5. Sorry about missing that.

ah hah! that solved my crash issue as well.

I don't suppose anyone has any answers to my other two questions I asked above?

Neat.. I don't suppose you know if it works with teleport pipes?
    A couple of my machines are all a bit on the distant side so running power to them normally would get interesting. How short is "short"?

Multiple bugfixes in the latest release - missile boosters are now properly crafted with legitimately-crafted fuel cans, BatPacks work with vanilla IC2 items, crafting shapes are made more flexible, and some texture issues are resolved, among other things. I've also added the hand pump for those of you who want to use your water cells like buckets. One other new feature is the ability to left-click a missile with your laser rangefinder, which will store the rangefinder's last coordinates in the missile.

SMP support is still coming, but might take a while - my work is going to take me to the APS plasma physics conference next week.

thanks for the patch. tools work with the new packs but the packs aren't craftable at the moment
    edit: nevermind.. rather annoying, only craftable with charged crystals? (and not TMI'd ones like I was using in my test world)

would it be possible to add like say a iridium chest with like 5-6 times the space of a normal chest? and use diamonds, iridium, and i guess obsidian/alloy and glass/iron/refined iron in construction?

did you even read the thread? look up, no more than two posts away...

Neat.. I don't suppose you know if it works with teleport pipes?
    A couple of my machines are all a bit on the distant side so running power to them normally would get interesting. How short is "short"?
    Maybe it's just me but i'm not clear on the regulators, is this a 1:1 sort of thing? I may have to expand my BC solar farm as right now i've got a set of combustion engines powering anything rather taxing (32 solar panel isn't enough for 3 refinery and a quarry)

edit: mmkay.. i'm confused. upgrade to 0.21 and the game fails to load? Don't get an error and I don't see anything in Modloader.txt
    ah hah.. got an error:

forget something? there's zero content to that post, just quoted text.
    Seriously though, try it first before just discounting it outright. The advanced wooden pipes are special, they don't act like normal ones. They've got a GUI and slots for only remove <x>
    See, unlike you, I test things. the advanced wooden pulls out of any side just fine if you drop an empty bucket in the thing's gui. Plus with the additional pipes installed you can use an advanced insertion pipe from below to eliminate any chance of waste. It'll only drop something into the generator if it can, if it can't it passes it along to an overflow pipe (and right back to a chest)

Edit: to be even more explicit: insert via the bottom (distribution pipes for an even split if you want), power out the back and pull empty buckets out the front. whamo, one geo generator line.

The gui is at its maximum size though -_- I can put a column or two more but I think we hit the limit (256x256 px)

hmmm. utterly random idea that may be hideous to code but: linked chests? (one inventory, multiple chests) No idea how well this would work though.

But honestly i'm happy the way things are right now.

i can only say one thing, LAG

now that you are done placing the solars, you have unlimited energy, and you dont have to do anything about it.

if you used the uranium, you need to
    breed it then place it in reactor AND keep a close eye on it, so it don't explode.
    and you need to make new parts for the reactor if they break.

aroo? nuke plants don't have to explode. I've got a lovely little Mark-I plant that I basically ignore aside from giving it more fuel every once in a while.
    "only" makes 35 EU/t but that's fine with me.