Posts by silentdeth

How about an option to turn off the water requirement? Liquid pipes aren't my most favorite on a server.

Technically you don't have to cool them with water, they will not explode if they overheat. But disable the cooling completely? No, I don't think that will happen. However, alternate cooling methods, maybe air cooled, or by using ice, those would be in line with what I have planned in the future.

I also observe that the electric engines don't handle portable power very well. Medium Electric engines don't take energy crystals or lapitron crystals and suck re batteries dry in a minute. Large Electric Engines don't take lapitron crystals and suck energy crystals dry in a minute... O.o This makes for remote operations difficult, need an inventory full of batteries and be swapping them out constantly. X( Though if I build a bigger infrastructure, an MFE or MFSU wired to it, yeah, it would work but for a temporary location, say, a BC Filler to create a new large room as the start of an outpost, it would be kinda silly. At least in my opinion... Will this get fixed in future updates?

they use the appropriate crystal for their voltage. If you want a long term remote outpost, 1 petro gen + 1 buckets of fuel will keep 2 MEEs running for 20 mins.

post a proper bug report following the guidelines in the OP for the crash.

wrong load order

I've been testing this addon as a replacement for Power Converters on SMP since that has now been taken over by Tekrush and is now on a purely upkeep development cycle.

So far, I've really been enjoying the addon, having designed a power complex around its systems. However, I've run into some problems that I'm not sure aren't entirely user errors.

First, I've noticed that if I right-click on the Petrochemical Generator, doesn't matter what is in my hand, the client crashes and the server spits out a timeout error, which makes me think it might be a client-side GUI fault. Would modloader complain if I had conflicting GUI's?

Unfortunately there is not warning for GUI conflicts. You can try playing a single player map with the same configs and depending on how the mods are set up it may show the conflicting GUI when you use the OM.

Second, with the Oil Materializer, I've noticed some strange behavior, namely that if I attempt to use BC or Redpower to pipe in UU-matter into either top, sides, or bottom, nothing happens. If I send in 3 UU-matter, once I destroy the machine to reset it, I get 2 back, although nothing appears in the machine's GUI.

I don't know what you mean by 'nothing happens' be more specific. What do you expect to happen?

The OM uses up UU-matter before checking if there is room to store the output, so if it was full the UU-matter is stored in a production buffer and it will start producing if there is room.

Next, with the same machine, if I manually load it with UU-matter, I cannot extract the oil with wooden waterproof pipes on any side with either a redstone or stone engine. Hence, for all intents and purposes this machine is useless to me at this time.

Make sure the pipe is facing the correct way, and that nothing else has loaded a flawed version of the buildcraft API.

I am running latest versions of Forge, EE, BC, RP, IC2, and this addon.

If this is indeed buggy behavior, I'll be happy to write out a full bug report, but as I said, I'm not sure this is not an error on my part.

Thank you for your time.
    Sereph

Hello! I am having a small problem. Well, let's stress, this *is* the IB version of the crossover. Currently running 1.64 of IC2 (haven't updated yet) with BC 3.1.3 and have the IB V0.05 crossover for BC 3.1.3 and IC 1.64 . When I go to craft a Medium Electric Engine it's not recognizing the bronze ingot. Now I know the ore dictionary is working, I can use this bronze to make Mixed Metal Ingots from IC2 and Sturdy Machines from Forestry. So I am at a loss as to what's broken. X( Though I might be updating to 1.7 of IC2 and do the same for this crossover mod. Just the new things in IC2 1.7 aren't a high priority and 1.64 covers everything I want and need. X( Let me see...

Wow... Just... Wow... My Spoiler hidden Modloader.txt file is too big for the editor. Ok, so, Modloader put onto Pastebin, use link below. :(

http://pastebin.com/AZwKxfhg

This mod doesn't yet use the ore dictionary. I will add it later after things have stabilized a bit, I just don't want to add that complexity just yet.

I Just thought I would pop in to make a suggestion (I don't know if it has been asked before). would it be possible to add support for the use of bio-fuel (refined bio-mass) from the forestry mod in petrochemical generators? (I realize that would mean that they are no longer true petrochemical generators).

It would help me out a lot.

it is on my todo list, just not a high priority.

don't wish to change spacetoad's code in that manner. However, he has stated he plans to redo the redstone engines at some point. The equivalent EU usage for a redstone engine would be 0.125 EU/t.

Not quite sure what you mean... What am I supposed to power? I need to pump out items from IC2 machines and other stuff.

I mean you were using a wooden transport pipe, you need to use a wooden conductive pipe to transport energy.

ill look into it for the next version.

found and mushed. Dare I ask why you were trying to power a wooden transport pipe?

modloader.txt

Quote from http://www.mojang.com/

http://www.mojang.com/

• Maximum build height has been increased to 256 (was 128)
    • Empty sections of the world are not loaded into memory
    • Block ids have been increased to 4096 (was 256) by adding a 4 bit data layer (similar to how meta data is stored)
    • Block ordering have been changed from x/z/y to y/z/x in order to improve compression
    • Packets for sending chunks have been updated (a full 128-high chunk is smaller than the old format, and a chunk with lots of empty space is much smaller)
    • Biomes are saved per x/z column, which means they can be altered by tools

try reading the bold, colored, and underlined part right below the download link.