Posts by CrazyCrafter

Mmm, I like ICBM except for the fact that it dosen't currently use the ic2 API. This RS thing is mostly an intro to modding for me where I can play w/ existing stuff and eventually add a moon dimension if I manage to get enough free time. I learn from existing code more easily than through reading, which is why I hope that this will succeed unlike IG

The Original Addon was by Kennington.[Addon v1.95]Rocket Science v0.89 - flying autominers, missiles, and nuclear fusion!

The source has been attached for people to use.
    Warning: Almost EVERYTHING is depreciated, so updating will be difficult at the very least!

Example:
    subject: NullPointerException

I CANNOT FIX BUGS OR CRASHES WITHOUT ERROR LOGS!

Bug reports follow the same format, except they have the bug as the subject line and what exactly the bug does in the spoiler.

Do Not Double Post Bugs Unless they are from different versions!

how so you re decompile the jars? I used the script richardg posted but now there is no client src. I noticed the .sh file but windows won't run those.
    doh! just used google, figured out what the CRLF files are, so should I just try to convert the .sh or what?
    Made Ez decompiler. Just Extract the Jar that shows up in the src folder and ignore any errors. Enjoy :)
    need dev permission, but I will release the decompiler once i get the OK

The original textures are in the industrial-craft-client- x.xx jar, but the textures are loaded into the minecraft texture files on mod initialization. the ic2 texture packs can go into the ic2 jar or(?) the texturepacks folder with another texture pack (2nd one might not be true, the first one works for sure.) To create a new texture pack you need an archival program like 7zip, if you don't already have one. Then you need to go into the ic2 jar and find the ic2/sprites directory (file) and copy the contents to another location. You can now alter the COPY textures within something like paint.net or photoshop (the program MUST support transparency). Once you've changed the textures you can distribute them here. They are addons because they add new textures :P

Hope this helps :D

i would guess some form of GUI buffer.I don't think that minecraft handles the main in-world GUI the same as it handles other GUI's, thus the render FPS can be faster than once per tick, while the furnace gui, for example, updates no more than once a tick.(probably involves tile entities) This is implemented naturally in java's Swing GUI API when drawing the window for Java application screens, so I'm guessing that Minecraft does the same thing.

you need to change the block ID's in the config. technic/tekkit did this for you before.