Posts by Elessar_Elanesse

Step 0) Watch me? I don't get it.
    Step 1) Douche bag.
    Step 2) Go to Step 1.

I really want you to implement some stuff I thought would be useful and you're plainly being a douche bag and it's starting to get moderately annoying.
    So I will ask you nicely to stop.

EDIT: I got too much aluminum now, what do I do?

1. it's his mod and he doesn't have to add anything if he doesn't want to. You can request and beg all you want and it's very unlikely to change the mod makers mind. It's also entirely up to the mod maker to decide if he wants to add the ideas or implement them to the mod. In this case he's refused so stop trying to beat that dead body with a stick.

Aluminum lol... well it's a very common metal in the world so... it has so many applications many of which noskk covered. Really if you got crap tons of aluminum make use of it instead of wasting all that refined iron to craft stuff :p at most you should only be using it to construct certain blocks now. Also if you got so many... well... smelt it and then turn it into storage blocks especially if it's taking up too much space.

Dumb question time :P

Just noticed in NEI when looking for reinforced stone recipe I noticed Iridium Reinforced stone... am I to assume that Iridium reinforced stone is basically 2 reinforced stone block protection casing for reactors in one block? Also seeing how Iridium Neutron Reflectors are indestructible that iridium reinforced stone is also indestructible?

You are limited by chambers yes, but snice it tries to output as much steam as it can in one pipe, the pipe capacity is the limit.

Depends of course, if your using the golden waterproof pipes it's what limited to 40 steam? I can't recall... though using the valve pipe addon you get the use of pipes that are more advanced and allow for more movement of steam.

NEI included in the mod is the plugin, what Greg's talking about was the NEI core 1.4.2.8 from chicken bone thread..

1.4.2.10 was released just within a few hours from my last post lol... 1.4.2.8 was the bugged version which if you wanted it to work you needed mistaqur patch fix, new version doesn't require it but it was a good thing mistaqur was around to provide a fix so some people could use it ;)

That is caused because they are noramly not stackable at all. But when they come out of the centrifuge, they have to be stacked so they fit in the centrifuge. When trying to out 2 of those "stacks" together, they bug out and stack together, except for leaving one behind. This glitch is also found with uranium cells.

Never seen it happen with Uranium cells, I've seen those stack to 64 without any problems.

mmmm guess I need to go nether mining... or go to a mystcraft age with hell biome.

Industrial Grinder and Sphalerite ore for a tiny pile

Ah thank you... though I figured it out by looking at the recipes in the industrial grinder lol.

Also Greg... I'm trying to stack all my Thorium cells but they aren't behaving. I take them out of the centrifuge and it stacks to 7 but leaves 1 behind, now that left over cell that is excluded from the stack is unable to stack with any other cells. So basically the Thorium cell stacking I believe is bugged.

I have some questions about nuclear reactor fuels. I know that uranium normal does 5eu/t and 1 heat/t (when by it self, not next to other cells) Does GT modify normal uran cells? and how much heat+eu/t do thorium and plutonium output? thx :)

Thorium gives the same amount of energy as uranium but has like 5 times the life of a normal, dual and quad cell at 1/5th the heat. Basically it has less heat and lasts much, MUCH longer. So Uranium cells last 2 hours 45 mins, a thorium cell would last I think if my math is correct... and I might be off... 12 hours and 25 mins. Plutonium lasts twice as long as uranium, gives off twice the energy and twice the heat. Good for those Cooling cell reactors... even better with using Helium Cooling cells.

Is it intended that one can't turn off (some?) of this mod machines with redstone signal? Tried with industrial grinder and electrolyzer with a lever, didn't seem to have any effect.

What's the problem? are they draining your energy all the time? There's a config option in the config to set that to true and false. True being they constantly drain EU and false being they don't drain when not in use.

When did gregtech become OPtech? I like that there is stuff in the mod that is semi-OP but isn't completely there needs to be a limit to how OP this mod should be. Also Condansators don't have a use atm in the mod.

I do not want this mod to become OPtech and have stuff become semi-easy to obtain. I got this mod because of the challenge it brings back to the game and keeps me interested in playing it.

Beryllium is also something that alone can be used in neutron reflectors ;)

so your new Dimension will be a mix between the overworld and the nether in one dimension sounds interresting.
    Little question can you make the Sapphire and Ruby generation configureable like the iridium? and/or the possibility to turn off the "generate only in desert or oceans/beach" ? Would be nice for server side generation.

BAAAH FEANTURY fix that crash bug... -.-

Eh I don't know I sort of like that rubies and Sapphires aren't configurable and being stuck in beach/ocean and desert type biomes. Either one of course is negated really if you take Mystcraft into account.

I found 8 in the vicinity of my home base. Not easy, but they exist.

Yeah I just noticed lol just getting down really low in level is where to find them. Finally getting some rubies from the quarry now. Thing had to go down pretty far to find them but ah well least I'm getting some.

Also I've been getting the fatal error thing when posting posts here on the forums. Only started recently and I'm using Nightly which is the 64-bit version of firefox.