Posts by Elessar_Elanesse

I saw rubies in Savanna

Olry? O_o well now I got one of those quite nearby my homebase. Once that quarry is done in that mountainous desert biome I'll bring it over there and try for some.

Besides that greg can I suggest adding either Rutile or Ilmenite to the world gen? It would serve next to bauxite as a alternative source to gaining Titanium. Just a suggestion since in real life from what I know and reading stuff online bauxite has no titanium in it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rutile
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ilmenite
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bauxite

I'm no Geologist but I do know my rocks well enough.

Hmm I just noticed something it appears the world gen for ores doesn't follow some other mods. By that I mean extrabiomesXL. See if I want rubies and I find myself in a mountainous desert biome I would assume right away since it's a desert biome but mountainous that I would find rubies in it. So far NONE and this is with using a 64x64 quarry. So it appears that beside the vanilla desert biomes, you won't find rubies in other mods that add other desert type biomes. At least this is what I have observed with mining in one with and without a quarry. So it seems there might be a bit of a bug/error here.

Not to be rude but this in no way helps those of us asking if there are designs already made for use with nuclear reactors in game.

Besides that... what is Magnesium dust suppose to do? I can find anything in NEI that uses it.

Haven't seen anything more about irridium ore and platium. All was already in the NEI, i know fusion reactor can make irridium, but because it need tons of irridium to be build, that's useless for the moment.

Still stuck with 2 irridium and 2 platinium tiny dust in one week ...

You do know that all the stuff in Metallurgy 2 is optional. All you need for getting Platinum in your world is the base file and Precious Ores file. If you don't wanna have Vanilla spawns change then there is a configuration for that in the config file.

Hey can we all stop talking about tekkit guys? Those of you who are are seriously sidetracking/hijacking the thread which really has nothing to do with Gregtech beyond him not wanting to make it available to that pack. So please stop it before we see some serious warnings here from the moderators/admins of the site. If any of the mods/admins do act it's likely they will delete the posts talking about all this crap.

fix is in the OP, just read the what's in the spoilers ;)

yeah but you could at least explain how to solve problem I'm cursed because we both ...

quick and easy way to solve this... remove the addon files for NEI and REVERT to the previous version of NEI. I swear people need to really read. If you get a crash like that it's because of NEI HELL chickenbones has even stated in the OP post of his thread on the minecraft forums that it is bugged and everyone should revert to the previous version.

how i dont find the recipe for iridium out of something else...(next to uu) i know i could enable massfab but i want to play it on medium mode... just bcouse of the fun :P

NEI, left click or right clicking, either one gives recipes. If you can't find one in one section and pages do the opposite by doing the other mouse button. Also keyboard hotkeys I believe are R and U.

If you want to play it vanilla, I have no idea. I would say turn mass fabricator on and get iridium that way. or get platinum and make it that way

Platinum is the easier way to go especially if you have metallurgy 2 mod, just be sure to tweak the config file a little to make it not so extremely rare. But then you need a good deal of materials for the Industrial Grinder in order to get the iridium ground out of the platinum ore to begin with. You can also use the industrial centrifuge but it costs a lot more platinum dust but also yields nickle dust.