Posts by mike2033

I'm actually using 3 miners at the same time (always wearing them with me) because they're to slow. But I'm not sure about the overclocker upgrades, I think they would be to fast then and destroy the game... I already almost have 3 64 stacks of diamonds only with the miner lol.

This idea isn't that bad, I don't understand why this shouldn't work... I even got an idea because of the speed:

[Suggestion] Put laser in a miner?

Hey IC² Forum members,

I just had to extend my house and because I built it over a sea I had to swim a bit. While I did this, I thought it would be a lot easier when there are diving suits and so I'm suggesting it here :P :

You have to build a diving helmet and a (oxygen)-tank, where the tank can look like a Batpack. The helmet can be made with rubber and glass (for example, maybe even "reinforced rubber") and the tank have to be filled with oxygen of course. I think you can use cells or a special pump and then the extractor for filtering the air. Then you can use the canning machine to fill the tank. Maybe you can even use flippers, which let you swim faster...

I know there are already "QuantumSuit Helmets", but they are very expensive, that's why I thought about it. The only bad thing here is that (I think) you won't use them all the time / so often, so the diving suit might be a bit useless :(. That's why I FIRST want to hear your opions for this, because even I am not really sure about this idea.

There is no sense to put lever on remote thermal monitor. It always consumes 1 eu/t. Use splitter cable to turn it off.

Ahh, works pretty good now. Thanks.

But one question left about the "Industrial Alarm". I don't understand how to build it, what's that at the top in the middle?

EDIT: Just found it out, thanks anyway. But could you make it possible to select a custom sound on the "Industrial Alarm" too? Thanks

Use Shift-Right click to prevent gui opening. You can check http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKgrkMAgv7c at 8:41 to see that lever can be placed/

Thanks a lot Shedar. Yes, I watched that video, that's why I wondered about it...

Awesome mod, keep it up! :)

EDIT: Just another question :P Is it possible to put the lever on the top of it? Because when I change it with a wrench it's always "paralel" (if you can say that in english):

http://i49.tinypic.com/16901m1.png

EDIT: Just tried it out with a lever. I can put it on the Thermal Monitor but when I put the lever on / off nothing happens. Am I too stupid again?

What about modes? I'd say possible modes for use in a miner should be explosive (but it doesn't explode instantly, think of IC1 ITNT pipes), superheat, scatter(instead of looking in a 5x5 or 9x9 area, it just mines it) and normal.

Would be nice. I don't know about the "ITNT pipes" in IC1 because I'm very new here, but there should also be a mode like "Safe block destroy" (like the electric wrench which uses more power but than safely "destroys" machines).

Hello,

I just thought about following idea (I'm not quite sure about it, but I thought "why not?"):

what about allowing it to put "Mining Laser" into a miner? It will increase the miner speed a lot BUT there will be a small chance that a block gets destroyed (not picked up, you will loose it) like with the normal laser.

Mike

Unless you include the cost in Tin from other mods, and then the metal becomes quite valuable ( like with the bucket exploit, for instance)...

Yes, and that's why I actually had this idea. I need a lot tin for CompactSolars ( batteries... ) but if I waste everything on getting it, it just wouldn't work

But I do agree that there are more resourceful options about transporting lava around with BC/RP... Cells shouldn't be a constant go-to material 24/7 in a Minecraft world...

I have tried to install BC/RP, but I think I'm to stupid to use this yet. Do you know any good tutorial (good if he starts with installing it, because there are so much packages), perhaps?

"And if you have RP or BC installed, then you dont even need Tincells to fill geothermal Generators."

I usually want to use tins for the pump because the pump sometimes pumps up to +64 tin cells and I don't want to "waste" it (because I need some batteries). Is there a mod which allows you to use anything other for the pump to fill in?

EDIT: Or is it even possible with BuildCraft? And what is RP?

Hello,

I just wanted to suggest more ways to craft (Empty)-cells. For example with stone or at least iron

Why? Because cells aren't very "cheap", and if you use a miner / a pump you will need a lot to pump all lava out. Tin is a very important ore, and you can't use cells again because they just disappear after used once. For example if you use cells to collect lava and you put it into your Geothermal Generator.

I know this text is pretty short, but I still hope this "idea" isn't too stupid

-Mike

EDIT: Or at least adding more container to pump out the lava (buckets use to much place...)