[Suggestion] Put laser in a miner?

• Hello,

I just thought about following idea (I'm not quite sure about it, but I thought "why not?"):

what about allowing it to put "Mining Laser" into a miner? It will increase the miner speed a lot BUT there will be a small chance that a block gets destroyed (not picked up, you will loose it) like with the normal laser.

Mike

• What about modes? I'd say possible modes for use in a miner should be explosive (but it doesn't explode instantly, think of IC1 ITNT pipes), superheat, scatter(instead of looking in a 5x5 or 9x9 area, it just mines it) and normal.

The forum won't let me specify my gender accurately, so I'll just use my signature to say that I go by they/them pronouns.

What about modes? I'd say possible modes for use in a miner should be explosive (but it doesn't explode instantly, think of IC1 ITNT pipes), superheat, scatter(instead of looking in a 5x5 or 9x9 area, it just mines it) and normal.

Would be nice. I don't know about the "ITNT pipes" in IC1 because I'm very new here, but there should also be a mode like "Safe block destroy" (like the electric wrench which uses more power but than safely "destroys" machines).

• I don't know about the "ITNT pipes" in IC1 because I'm very new here

The miner just placed the pipes without looking for ores, when it was retracting it blew up every third pipe in an ITNT explosion.

The forum won't let me specify my gender accurately, so I'll just use my signature to say that I go by they/them pronouns.