Posts by koi

You know, part of the reason im pushing this suggestion is to stop exactly that X(

What's wrong with making machines work on their own? I'm already using an almost-automatic mining vessel, and the only thing preventing me from using it in fully automatic mode is my inexperience with RP computers. Once I'm patient enough to run a task in background (so I can know if the miners have finished harvesting stuff), the ship will fly on its own.
    Designing and piloting a system like that is way more satisfying, than running around the factory like a grease-monkey.

Weardown/breaking is sure nice.
    I just hope there will be a way to supply expendables or perform repairs via RP tubes or deployers. Well, I'm just too lazy to walk around the processing area checking for oil levels or something like that.

Not sure if it's the same bug, but it looks too close to create a separate topic.

E.Net won't break if you move its parts with frames. So if I want to charge the MFE on my mining platform and then move it away from the base, it will still receive EU from wind towers on my base.
    It's getting fixed once I reload the world.

1. Establish a small base of operation inside the nearest hill, gather food and wood till the end of minecraft day. Start charcoal production once it's starting to get dark.
    2. Dig down from the base, searching for a cave. Though I can go for an outside cave if there's one nearby.
    3. Getting an iron pickaxe as soon as possible, using it only for redpower gems, uranium and redstone.
    4. Once redstone is found, I'm starting to smelt the ore neccessary for generator and macerator, harvesting rubber (and establishing a plantation near the house) at this point.
    5. Macerating the ore, getting power with charcoal. I'm usually able to get a basic setup of macerator, e.furnace, extractor, batbox, a couple of windmills and a normal generator.
    6. Getting a drill, going for diamonds and resources necessary for a miner. Once diamond drill is made, making a portal and getting glowstone.
    7. Constructing portable mining station - miner, 64 pipes, drill, OV, batbox and a bat-pack. I usually have around 8 windmills at this point, as well as a normal generator to get power when windmills are not enough.
    8. Getting a laser asap.

Once the miner is working and there's a hard laser counter to everything out there, I'm just doing whatever I want to do.

Is the huge hitbox fixed yet? Oh, and do they still take 10K EU without the way to edit their capacity?
    Never found anything in release notes, guess it's worth asking if there's a fix I missed.

There's no limit on packet count and all packets will be processed within one tick.

You can go for an easy setup like this and feed your LV power grid from a set of transformers (mv+lv), it would be way cheaper than getting 2 separate transformer upgrades for each machine.
    :Macerator::Intergrated Plating::Macerator::Intergrated Plating::Macerator::Intergrated Plating::Macerator:
    :Cable::Cable::Cable::LV-Transformer::Cable::Cable::Cable:
    :Macerator::Intergrated Plating::Macerator::Intergrated Plating::Macerator::Intergrated Plating::Macerator:

As for conversion... Gold cables (and MV overall) are completely useless, HV + HV cable is 2x more efficient than MV + gold.
    HV is fine for small distances, but when you think about really long-range transfers, it's terrifying. If you want to transfer said 10M EU over 1000 blocks, you will lose ~39% over direct transfer. These numbers are not right.

Diamonds are really valuable, especially with buildcraft diamond gears.
    Though I'm lacking redstone way more. There's no way I will craft glowstone anymore, it's way easier to get a diamond drill and visit nether.

Not sure about other ores, seems reasonable for me. At least with the miner you won't really lack tin/copper/iron.

How about making them store the 10k energy, but only will accept 100 EUs from a cable, any more and it says no!
    That way, Battery charging works to make it long lasting, but EU (throttled via a light detector block most likely) would tell it to stop recieving power, and hence allow the lights to go off during the day.

Honestly, I can't understand why they should be able to store energy without batteries. GUI with a battery slot should be appropriate.