Posts by koi

The best adf.ly can offer is $5/1000 unique page views. That's for USA traffic with no adblock; flash and js enabled.
    Normal rates are like 1/10th of it. And now guess how many people are not using adblock.
    I refuse to believe it's enough to pay even for a domain name.

Leaving the money issue alone, what kind of websites do you think are advertising like that, just buying unrelated traffic?

Hating so much that they just get core and modify the URL to get the other components bypassing adfly

Having to download 14 files from adfly for a single mod, there's a point in doing this. Especially if you're a fair person who donated some money for the developer of a great mod.

Things like adfly are just plain disrespect towards the ones who're downloading the mod.
    If you want some guaranteed reward, go and sell the results of your work. Or you can say "guys, it's free, if you think it's worth something - please donate or click the adfly link".

RP World is pretty useful imo.
    You can break rubber trees with explosive laser mode and forget your treetap in a dusty closet.
    Fiber cable has 2 recipes, the more effective one uses silver which is generated by redpower.
    Gems and new blocks are just another source of scrap.
    Copper and tin generation can be disabled in both IC2 and RP, so just choose the ones you like more.

Well, Sortingsystems are usefull, but as soon as you have a better Requestfactory, you can scrap your old RP-Sortingmachines. But before that happens i usually choose Sortingmachines.

You mean a complex retriever system? It might work, but I'm constrained by frames on my current flying base. So well, I'm looking for a solution which won't take any sufficient space.

Use Relay instead combination of chest+timer.
    Then use restriction tube to the recycler and every item, which can't go into chest, goes into recycler.

So if i pump the item directly into sorting machine it will work without a timer?

No one is talking about "you will have to change your machines every now and then without any other options", you know. It would be wrong and I will be amongst the ones who complain.
    But just denying the suggestion is same as suggesting something extreme.

What's your opinion on creating best sorting system?
    I'm currently using RP sorting machines, but they are slow, require a 400ms timer and need to be located next to a buffer chest. Moreover, I'm lacking the amount of slots and if the destination can't accept the item, it will stop and wait until destination is available.

While writing this post I found some solutions, but still, I want to know if there' re better options.
    I was quite satisfied with BC diamond pipes, but I stopped using BC long time ago.

You cant implement this as this would break all our machines
    because the rest of us here dont want this

The idea of machines requiring some extra attention is fine, it will add some realistic complexity. After all it's not fun to just repeat and polish one and only factory design. The only concern is the correct implementation that will not hinder the creation of new automated designs.
    Let me ask - why are you playing MC with IC2?

I thought it would be useful to have the rumored luminator rework in the Community-driven TODO list.
    Because a torch placed next to nuclear reactor makes zero sense.

And while I'm on it, Luminators sure need some power source. ULV would be nice, to prevent exploiting it - set the minimal packet size for every machine which will exceed tin cable capacity and limit the EU that transformer could send while in reducing mode.

This will also remove the possibility of feeding the machines directly from solars, wind- and watermills.

You can compare Atom N270 to early Pentium IV CPUs. It's not powerless in any way.

I might not fully understand the inner workings of minecraft engine, but I can clearly observe performance difference caused by working machines. It is fine when you're talking about SSP or SMP with 1-2 people hosted on a powerful gaming pc, but populated SMP server or slower pc will suffer from those changes. That's bad, and it should be avoided.

And well, once you hit the hardware/software limitations you can't fix, the amount of work necessary for implementation or optimization of your features is completely irrelevant.

but they're still perfectly manageable

This way of thinking is the reason why I can't run minecraft (2-5fps max) on my EEE PC 1000. It's funny, since it can run things like UT2003 just fine, with little-to-no lag.
    I don't want to wake up and find out that IC/RP combination is not playable anymore because new machine designs are causing heavy cpu spikes because of nature of minecraft engine.

Let's say we're making a power plant.
    So instead of one normal generator burning its fuel with its simple algorithm we will have:
    1. A furnace/nuclear/geothermal, producing heat.
    2. A boiler to heat water and create steam, it looks for a heat source first.
    3. A turbine consuming steam and creating torque, oh right, it should locate the boiler.
    4. A generator consuming torque and creating EU. Yeah, another proximity check.
    How could this setup be less laggy?

It becomes worse when you want to upgrade your power plant to add, say, more turbines and generators.

It's fun, it's interesting, it's complicated. But I don't want to imagine the amount of lag it will create in SMP.