1. I've used IC2 for a while now, and used buildcraft in the past, and have seen a bit of what RP does. I've been hoping to get onto a server that has enough people to make it some fun, and with some protections to avoid damages to my house. I've just seen one that worked okay, but just lacked some charm due to a serious lack of people (as well as an incident from offline mode on the server that caused me the loss of most of my minerals. So I'm hoping I can have fun on here, and possibly help to create some areas for community interaction (yet it takes a bit to afford the proper utilities and the material to build the structures for whatever the project may be.)
2. I've liked survival due to the fun of it, and because it actually provides a challenge for building. Not a huge fan of creepers though (but who is?).
3. Yes, especially with the rules as they are (they are good, and not restrictive like some other servers).
4. Discrimination is not treating others fairly on the game, especially if it is due to some factor of race or sex.
5. F2, use F1 to hide the quickbar and HUD.
6. Yes, Win-Rar. I use 7-Zip on newer computers, but this is the one I have access to, due to my laptop's motherboard starting to fail, and the hard drive having done such already).
7. IC2- Provides a set of machines to help with providing new items, as well as increasing yields of material and adding in new, better materials for construction and tools.
RedPower - Provides a similar set of machines, as well as new redstone elements, more versatile harvesters, and additional systems that can be used in the game.
BuildCraft - Provides a quarry (systematically harvests a set area), pump which moves liquids to tanks, two automated building machines (one basic, one complex), and engines to power them, as well with a piping system.
Backpacks- Provides a backpack, which is an item that works as a portable chest that is able to be used to carry more at one time.
NEI- Provides a way of getting more items, and has a recipe mode as you said. Little experience with it though.
Additional Pipes - Adds more pipes for different uses. Not too much experience with this one either, sorry.
iConomy - Provides a way to create an ingame economy based on a currency.
Chest Shop - Gives a use for an ingame currency by providing a way to sell items without having to do it manually.
WorldGuard - Allows the ability to add protection against greifing and other activities by area.
Essentials - Adds additional server commands meant to ease use, as well as provide more functionality.
IGN : Calebronus