Posts by TheBard

I need some help... im trying to set up the fusion reactor, (the coils are fine), but the reactor acts sort off as a storage.

Can someone send me screenies, and sorry for my noobish-ness

If the reactor is acting as "storage"... don't forget that in order for the reactor to start it has to have 40,000,000 EU stored inside of it. So the fusion reactor acting as storage is correct behavior up until the point that it reaches 40,000,000 EU. Then the fusion reactor will consume that 40,000,000 EU to begin the reaction, and it will start producing power. That new power will be stored inside the reactor if there is nothing on the outputs, or if you have a splitter cable and it's turned off.

Edit: And yes there's a known e.net bug with cables and energy and stuff like that. Removing the cable doesn't seem to affect the energy network, it still thinks it's there.

Edit 2: The 40,000,000 number is assuming you're using T-Cell and D-Cell in the reactor. I think HE3-Cell and D-Cell also require 40,000,000 but there's another combination that requires like 90,000,000 to start the reactor.

Edit 3: The easiest thing to do when trying to get the reactor going... is to not hook up anything at all to the outputs. I believe that once the reactor starts, it will direct the energy into itself until it reaches its max storage. Energy after that will be wasted. But that at least allows you a chance to get the reactor actually running, and THEN you can connect output cables/splitter cable etc.

http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…kzna5mrs145ga23dzq26j2800
    Reactor Chambers: 5
    Eu/tick: 140
    Efficiency: 7
    Total EU: 28M
    Cost: Iron 277, Copper 445, Tin 151, Gold 26, Diamonds 0

Not sure why people keep trying to "improve" by replacing my Thick Neutron Reflectors with the normal Neutron Reflectors. Cost above is with THICK Neutron Reflectors, but keeping the new 5 chamber design.

Edit: The reason I'm using THICK Neutron Reflectors in my design is so you don't have to replace each one 4 times during a full cycle. If people insist on using normal Neutron Reflectors, you're welcome to do so... but you're going to need a total of 16 of them and you're going to have to manually replace them 4 times during the course of a full cycle. Hence the reason I use the Thick Neutron Reflectors. You replace them once, at the same time you replace the Quad Uranium Cell.

The purpose of my design was a simple maximum efficiency reactor for cases where you don't need 4,000EU/t or something crazy like that. You're in no rush for your energy, and want to be conservative with your Uranium.

Good changes on the cooling, but you changed out the Thick Neutron Reflector for the Neutron Reflectors. Won't they have to be changed out 4 times during 1 full cycle since my original design uses a Quad Uranium Cell?

This version has your cooling changes, but keeps my Thick Neutron Reflectors:
    http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…d9sfch8v555jnc6v8vs4a2bcw
    Cost: Iron 271, Copper 499, Tin 145, Gold 28, Diamonds 0

This one is the same thing again, but with a tiny cooling change... basically saves 3 Gold but adds 6 Iron.
    http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…oncno98yiaisjhjztsoi1tz40
    Cost: Iron 277, Copper 499, Tin 145, Gold 25, Diamonds 0

If the Overclocked Heat Vent is given 36 heat, it will only dissipate 20 of that heat, leaving 16 heat in it.
    So every tick the exchanger would be giving the vent more heat than it could vent... however it would also be getting rid of 20 heat each time as well.

Since the vent can only store 1k heat, the exchanger should prevent the vent from burning itself out, because as the vent approached its 1k heat max, the % heat stored in the vent would be greater than that "fillgrade" so the exchanger would actually start to pull excess heat away from the vent, and possibly store it either in itself or shuffle it back to the coolant cell depending upon how much heat was currently stored in each one.

I think I've got a pretty good handle on how it all works now. Showing me that better formula really helped out a lot.

Yeah that's a lot simpler.

Based upon the original design wording, the same works for component <-> component heat as well I'm assuming.

Start:
    10k coolant cell with 9k heat <-> component heat exchanger <-> overclocked heat vent

The total capacity of those 3 items = 10k + 5k + 1k = 16k
    The first tick for the exchanger would add that up, and then take 9k/16k = 0.5625
    So it would pull 36 heat out of the 10k coolant cell (which is max transfer for its side) and then put 36 heat into the overclocked heat vent?

Or maybe a simpler approach, if there is only the 10k coolant cell with 9k heat and the component heat exchanger. The "fillgrade" is 0.6. So each tick the exchanger will pull 36 heat from the coolant cell and store it in itself until the coolant cell is at 6k heat and the exchanger has 3k heat.

to the first point: there is a bug that calculates the max heat of the reactor after the copper plates but does not save it for the next tick. meaning, if you have your heat exchanger before the copper plates (closer to top left corner) they will die cause the reactor tells them "max heat is 10k" (for example)

Does this mean that a reactor could blow up at high heat levels even though it has copper plates?
    If current temp is 35k and reactor iterates through components starting in the upper left, the current temp would be 35k before the reactor iterates through the copper plates, so would it blow? Or does the "explode" check only happen at the very end of the iteration?

AFAIK it uses redstone for refilling, so it isn't a real solution...

It is a real solution... just not the solution that you want, which would be one that uses an infinite supply of an unlimited material (i.e. ice).
    You actually have to pay for your power now, no more "cheating" by spam feeding a reactor with unlimited and infinite blocks of ice.

I'm not understanding how the math is done above.
    Start:
    Reactor Hul = 5,000 Heat
    Max Reactor Heat = 20,000 Heat
    Core Heat Exchanger = 0 Heat

How exactly is the median heat value calculated?
    The median value given the numbers {0, 5000} is 2,500.
    The median value given the numbers {0, 5000, 20000} is 5,000.

The Hull is at 25% of its heat capacity.
    The Core Heat Exchanger is at 0% of its heat capacity.

I'm not understanding how the Core Heat Exchanger finally determines that it should 1,000 heat in itself and 4,000 heat in the reactor.
    I do see that when the Core Heat Exchanger is at 1,000 of 5,000 heat that's at 20% capacity, and when the reactor hull is at 4,000 of 20,000 heat it is also at 20% capacity.

So is it taking that initial 5,000 heat and trying to distribute it in such a way that the % capacity of each component it affects (itself & hull) are the same? That seems like the answer and makes sense after I've worked through typing all of this out. But how does it mathematically find that value?
    Core Heat Exchanger
    X/5000 = Y Where X is the amount of heat to store inside of the Core Heat Exchanger, and Y is the % of heat stored in the component
    Z/20000 = Y Where Z is the amount of heat to store inside the Hull

Is that what it's doing?

Ok... so I think I've got that example figured out. Substitute an Advanced Heat Exchanger for the Core Heat Exchanger and also toss in a 60k Coolant Cell and I think I'll wait for the reactor planner to get updated.

What does putting a lever next to the Capacitor do? I saw it turn the dots from Green to Yellow... but a projector that I had it linked to seemed to continue to gain power.

What does the blue border box do in the Capacitor? It's next to a clickable option that shows a "glass that's full", then a "glass that's half full", then a "glass that's empty".

What does the button do in the projector that shows a blue line with an arrow stopping next to it, then a blue line with the arrow going through it?

There was also an option somewhere that toggled to some kind of worldish looking picture, I think it was in the projector?