Posts by huldu

So I connected an Energy Storage(Thermal Expansion) to an Adjustable Engine(Transformers 1.6) which then connected to a HV battery station. I inserted a lapotron inside and... game instantly crashed with this crash log:

No idea if this has to do with mod but the mod was mentioned.

So I connected an Energy Storage(Thermal Expansion) to an Adjustable Engine(Transformers 1.6) which then connected to a HV battery station(APM). I inserted a lapotron inside and... game instantly crashed with this crash log:

No idea if this has to do with mod but the mod was mentioned.

I've played IC2 for quite a while now but I've never actually built a nuclear reactor legit yet! They just seem so complicated and I don't understand any of it. People talking about breeders, meltdowns, stuff you put in the reactor to make it even work. I've read the info sticky but that barely made much sense at all to me.

Think I'm going to build one of the "safe" reactors in the first post and see how it works out, just to get my head around the "basics". Hopefully I'll get better at understanding how it all works out and can progress further from there.

How far below the MV transformer would the "floor" need to be to not obstruct the lowest windmill in a tower of 64 windmills? I was checking through some of the pictures and it said something about the highest tower being at y 181, with the MV transformer included the bottom part would be at around y 162? But if you build a floor at that level it would probably obstruct the bottom windmills, correct?

You guys are making me feel lazy using the Rocketpower addon's mobile auto-miner.

Rocketpower addon? Auto-miner? What is this sorcery, can you link to the mod please. I'd love to check that out. From what you're saying it would basically be a RP2 frame driven miner. Sounds quite nice... but of course the question is, does it work for 1.4.2/.108?

Odd question perhaps but I've been wondering why the miner doesn't support lapotrons by default? My setups are pretty terrible and usually rely on other mods to "decrease" the size everything. It feels pretty cheap to enable something that is off by default, but then again I guess the same applies to using "other" mods to make the miner setup more compact.

I'm on 1.4.2 with IC2 1.108 and I ran into a little problem someone might help me out with.

I've set the MFE to output a redstone signal once it's "empty" but it doesn't seem to work too well. Most of the time it turns on, but it never seems to turn off, even when the machine is full it keeps sending a signal. What should I do to fix this?

I've always wondered how come IC2 does not have any mining helm with a little lamp on it? I guess the same easily applies to buildcraft. Is it impossible to have a light source in minecraft on a moving entity? Think I found a mod that actually had a helmet with a light on it but it was severely outdated, so no idea how it actually worked.

So I had a miner and a pump set up to do some digging, normally this isn't a problem. However I ran into this weird little "issue" when the miner hit running water at level 20 or something, the water was coming all the way from level 64. The miner just stopped and did nothing. The pump didn't work(no idea if it even sucks water, but still, no source block anywhere near it). Anyways to make a long story short I had to dig down and cut off water stream to get the miner working again. I read that the miner is suppose to ignore water and go straight down, my miner did not.

MC 1.2.5 using 1.103. My rig can't play 1.3.2 yet /sigh. Hoping for 1.4 and that "performance" patch, if that even does anything.

Any mode on the laser that works without destroying blocks randomly? I was having a "blast" with the laser until I realized that it has a chance to "destroy" a block. After that it was back to the diamond drill again...

...really? ONLY 64 eu/t isn't even close to how much running a quarry should cost.

Obviously the "cost" varies depending on how the developer behind each mod calculates it. In most cases they look at how much power you get from burning a piece of coal in each mod and balance it around that. 64 eu/t is way above the cost of running the quarry on BC fuel. I believe 25ish eu/t is as close you can come to MJ equal EU in terms of power. Hence "transformers 1.3" was/is so popular.

I think that's the beauty of it. It doesn't require any knowledge or experience to use. There's a reason why BC/IC2/EE etc are so popular. They're pretty basic and you have machines that does fancy things. You have the same in RP2, the only difference is that you have to build most of it yourself. That takes time, a lot of people playing games really don't have that much time on their hands and just want to "enjoy" the basics of the game. While RP2 is awesome once you get around the steep learning curve it becomes awesome. However what you can do in RP2 you can do with the other mods, much easier. Which brings me back to my original point, that's what the "average" player wants, clearly. If that wouldn't be true servers wouldn't be running BC/IC2/EE at all. RP2 just gives the more "hardcore" player the option to create his own contraptions.