Posts by huldu

Do you connect the library to the analyzer and then it'll scan all the unidentified seeds from the library? I have yet to figure out how to add seeds to the library.

<edit> Sorry, I got it now! Put a lever on the library and had it placed next to the analyzer seems it automatically checks the seeds now :)

Great mod, should have been a part of IC2 by default.

Hm, took quite a fps hit when running 2 rotary macerators(ic2 sound disabled). Fps went from 35 to 20-25. Removing the machines brought the fps back up. Putting them down and turning them on and fps dropped quite a bit. How come? No other IC2 machine does this. Just thought it was weird.

<edit> Just read about the config for the mod itself, going to remove the sound from that and check fps. Brb.

Fps around 55, when I turn on any machine from this mod fps dips down to 20 then slowly moves up to around 30 and stays there. I have sound disabled in ic2 config and also put the values to 0 in this mods config.

<edit2> I just downloaded "[Addon 1.95]Advanced Machines Original v1.5" which looks identical to this one and no fps drop whatsoever, even with all machinery active. A problem with this mod or did I do something wrong in the config? Anyways the Adv. M. 1.5 works nice so I'll stick with that for now.

I know silly question but I have no idea what is weed and what isn't. The one on the bottom left isn't as shiny as the one on the right? Are they both weed?

I tried the mod you mentioned but every time I break any block the game crashes. No idea why, tried do a minimal mods run using only forge+that mod, yet it still crashed. Anyways, looked like an interesting mod and put the crash log on the "official" forum of that mod.

Kinda silly idea but as I was manually removing leaves around a rubber tree to gather saplings I started looking for a mod that could remove the leaf from a tree but leave the logs untouched. Doesn't seem to be any. I even went through to take a peak at the code for "tree capitator" and I can honestly make no sense out of anything. Problem with "tree capiator" is that it doesn't support rubber trees and has no option to just remove the leaf from a tree.

When I used to use BC quarries, I would drop a bucket of water in the center of the quarry and the water would eventually cascade outward as it was dug and turn any lava into obsidian so it could be mined by the quarry and then the quarry could get past them. Then when the quarry hit bedrock, I'd use an RP pump to pull the water out of the quarry, and the grate doesn't even need to touch source blocks, it just needs to touch water blocks and then it iterates out and finds all the source blocks connected. The nice thing about the RP pump is it tends to pull water source blocks faster than they can regenerate which is perfect for this kind of use.

Put the water on the sides of the quarry then just scoop it up from each side when the quarry hits the bottom.

In my opinion, anyone can dump some stuff on the ground and wire it up to get instant-win situations.
    Less are able to construct actual systems that promote innovativity and creativity.
    I imagine a BC world where everyone just tries to get the most stacks of quarry machines and I see the RedPower world as a world where people actually try to compete with each other using intelligence instead of spamming the same over and over again.

You're right. Reminds me of mmo's. Back in the "old" days they didn't balance the game around the "average" player. It was all about the hardcore-pro player. Then came WoW and changed everything, now to be able to compete they "need" millions of players and the game has to be easy to play.

It's the same with RP2 imo. I love RP2 don't get me wrong. But it's very confusing and hard to set up properly. Especially when there are other mods around that does the same, far easier. Obviously if you're using RP2 often you've got over the "hard" part of the mod and can fully appreciate it. For someone like me just reading and watching the mod, it's all very confusing. The only guy that properly explained in a way that I could understand how frames worked was DireWolf20. Most of you are pro at RP2, you know how to make things, but when explaining to someone like me, it just doesn't make any sense. For example just slapping on a logistic pipe and adding a chip, vs building a very complex system, which I don't even understand half of, becomes quite tedious. Also RP2 seems quite material intense, for example needing 2 of those ender pearl, I barely even see any of those around.

RP2 is hard. Just learning it is annoying and time consuming. Like the above poster said everything you can do in RP2 you can do with other mods using "magic" blocks. Simplicity wins. It's that simple. While it can be "fun" to create something complex it gets quite tedious having to do it over and over again for everything you do, which in this case is RP2. As long there are mods around that does the same thing RP2 does but way easier, people will keep using those mods. RP2 just isn't very user friendly.

If you mean the Craftingtables than no, they are not all needed, just one of those is needed (they consist out of the Autocraftingtable, a Retriever, a Retrievulator and the In- and Output-Tubes). With the Setup on the Screenshot you can recursively autocraft up to six diffrent Recipes (and its easyly expandable).

But now i have to add my new fast (Snowgolemfree) Snowballproductionsystem (these Snowballs can then be converted to Ice of course).

Is it possible to download that map in the screenshot with the autocrafting?

The Screenshot on my Tutorial about that is so placed, that you can see every single component of the Machine. And if you have Tubestuff (for Autocraftingtables), then you can also use Retrievulators for Autocrafting/Autosmelting/Automacerating/...

Just curious about that contraption you've built, are all those machines required just to create that item, ie wood to planks?

Any videos on how to set up an automated crafting table in redpower2? Preferably using something including a furnace in the process to say smelt iron to refined iron. With logistic pipes it's quite easy and straight forward but using redpower2 you'd have to resort to timers and crazy things, no?

I just got into using logistic pipes to set up some automated crafting tables, which was pretty cool. However ran into some issues when creating solar panels, the "system" would always mess up on refined iron for some reason and you'd have to request the solar panel twice before you actually got one.

Anyways was looking into RP2+tubestuff and it looks kinda neat but... it's a lot more complicated. I can imagine if set up a computer using a ton of wires and stuff(like someone pointed out up top) you could get one running nicely I guess. Would be a lot of work compared to using logistic pipes tho. Beside logistic pipes I really don't use much at all from buildcraft, except maybe the quarries. I use IC2 and Forestry a lot however. I wish the miner had a "quarry" function. Nothing like seeing a big hole being dug out.

I've tried to learn how to use frames properly and thanks to DireWolf20 he made some sense how some of it works.

Setting up a RP2 system with sorting, pipes, automated crafting would be more a lot more material intense then doing it using say logistic pipes? I can imagine it being quite complicated if you for instance don't have a material at hand, say refined iron and you'd need to smelt some iron bars first.

Ye, a miner ~64 deep with diamond drill/OV uses around 500k EU. That is quite a bit. Honestly I have no idea how much a quarry uses in comparison. It's just less fuss putting up a quarry than a miner, with the added benefit of all the "junk" you recycle/EE or whatever you do it.

I dunno... imagine if they started using proper machines etc. What would stop someone like me from going on a raiding spree raiding all villages I see and steal all their machines... Why would you look for a rubber tree when you can go straight to the source and just take what NPC's build. I'd turn into a bandit but villages wouldn't know it and let me in to raid them and them move on.

It seems everyone have their own way of doing it. Everything from dragging long networks of pipes/cables to using teleport pipes. I was watching a video the other day and someone used the portal gun+railcraft to transfer fuel from station to station. Never stops amaze me when it comes to people and their creations. I was just curious to what people prefer to use to transfer EU/MJ over the world.

How do you deal with the second input slot in the macerator? It works fine if same ore goes into the machine but if two different types goes in only the first one gets macerated while the second slot is totally ignored and just sits in the machine. Any way to solve this without restricting the macerator to only burn one type of ore?