Posts by huldu

The frame is such a fuss to construct. The worst part are the controls, one direction is "fine" but beyond that, I can't even figure out how to make it go up or down. Wouldn't be so hard if the engine would always stick to the frame.

I was just wondering if it's possible to attach a pipe to the miner/pump rather than a chest? I've tried but nothing seems to work, while the pipe attaches fine the object just pops out the top next to the pipe. I really like the miner vs the quarry, but it's quite painful to move it around and set it up compared to the quarry. Is it possible to supply mining pipes to the miner automatically, if it's higher up than 64 units? Most people seem to use the quarry so hard to find any info on tips and tricks with the miner/pump combos.

The problem with mods like the transformer is that you need to carry around a ton of machines just to convert the power and then convert it back(to use power teleport pipes). Any suggestions? I'd love some ideas to user power teleport rather than carrying around generators, solar thingies etc.

What if you use the MFFS water thingy in water by an oil well. Will it cut the water out and leave the oil untouched to be collected by a pump?

I'm worried because offshore oil rigs are just terrible looking when you start building around water. You have some glitched oil on the surface and your pump pumping water whenever it feels like it and so forth. This addon would help a lot with offshore oil drilling if it only removes the water. Someone actually done some work with oil and this mod?

Just curious if it's possible to get IC2 recipes to show up in it? It's the only mod I run that doesn't show up in it. Was hoping they fixed it in this latest version but IC2 might not even be the problem, right?

<edit> Any similar mod that works in SSP and does the same as CT3? I know of... quickbench but apparently it only works for smp.

I can't get it to work with forestry 1.4.8.6. Works fine with everything else tho.

Mods:

Holy cow, I had no idea about that redstone transmit thingy on the batbox. That was just brilliant!

I really don't know much about redpower2, I have it however. I've used the deployer a few times for my geothermal generator, basically filling buckets with lava from a tank then push them towards a lava cell factory.

<edit> Any device that you can tell how much coal or whatever material to pick out of a chest?

No, only the IC2 macerator. I was thinking that ID resolver might have done something wrong with id's perhaps that would have caused this "glitch"?

I disabled the ore generated by Forestry and RedPower2. But it shouldn't have anything to do with this.

Any way to get the running mod list without a crash?

Only see that tidy mod listing when minecraft crashes... not sure how to get it except through a crash.

I'm using Magic Launcher:

I'm using some addons and amongst them is IC2. I just noticed that if I macerate some ore into 2 dust, put one dust in the furnace, pick the bar out and put the *bar* into the macerator it'll turn it into 2 dust...? This isn't how it's suppose to work right? Worried I might have some addon interfering with IC2.

<edit> I know about macerating ore turns into 2 dust but I didn't know about a bar turning into 2 dust. Which seems a bit... odd?

Using REI minimap I just enable the biome color option and look for the swamp color. That's the best bet. You might get lucky and run across a rubber tree elsewhere but it isn't worth the time, unless you see it from the distance of course. You only really need 1 tree to get the production started. But yes, for worst case scenario it can take a while to find one.

Geothermal generators waste no lava, they only run when they have a place to output power too.

That is great news so I can supply a stream of lava cells to the generator and not worrying that it'll be wasting any cells? Just wondering since 1 cell gives... 20k EU or something like that, if you have a machine that only uses 5 EU for a couple of seconds I wouldn't want the generator to burn another cell of lava just to cover that little EU use :)

I was just wondering if you supply too much fuel, ie coal or lava cells to a generator can EU go to waste?

I have no idea how the geothermal generator works but a normal generator starts to burn a new coal if the EU drops -1 in the storage.

If it leads to wasted energy is there any way to set the generators to only burn fuel when there is an actual need for it, say the internal storage drops below 75%?

<edit> Why I'm wondering is because currently I'm basically babysitting the generators and manually add fuel. Just worried that they might be too happy using fuel if left unmanned, otherwise I would plug them into a supply system that would do it automatically.