Posts by Sebb767

I for myself, would just scrap the Redstonebehaviour of the Massfab, because its useless and prevents me from using Regulators adjacent to them. And if you want to turn it OFF, then you could just use a Splittercable.

You could put the behavior to nothin if you want to do this :) And its complicated to cut 4 short-distance cables with splitter.... esspecially if you have more than one.
    Summary, this button would make it much easier if its 3-moded (On Input: On, Off, Ignore) :)

[...}I like the idea of smelting cobble to lava... but it needs to use more energy than it would gain from a geogen. Which is like 20k eu a cell? Yeah not a good idea. Balance issues will ultimately kill this.

I thougt about ~50k EU per cell. It would just be nice 'cause lava is an ending Ressource and its hard to pump it out of the nether (esspecially on servers), so this would prevent it from ending^^

Care to explain the tin can and coal ideas?

Of course. For coal would do a way to compress plantballs to coal (like with an Ultra-High Pressure Compresser, maybe with some more steps to do it, like -> Compressed Plant Block -> Ultra Compressed Plant Block -> Coal or something like that.

For tin cans, well, im currently searching a useful solution for that, but currently i dont know wich renewable ressource would be hard, ressistant (excludes wood) and expensive (excludes stone) enough.

Ok, i pesonally denie this. Just inverting it would be wrong, but you could use redpower to save space^^

At least, a redstone behavior button like on batboxes (etc) wouldnt be a bad idea and not this hard to do (i think ...).

Fire a Maser beam - a microwave laser. Certain frequencies of that would very effectively destroy organics without seriously impacting metals or silicates.

In fact, the US military already uses a wide-beam version of it to disperse crowds by making them think they're on fire.

You know its illegal to post military secrets on the Web?^^

btt: This would source be nice, but, as already mentioned, that is too overpowerd.
    A balanced possibilty would be, that you could upgrade the Laser with some High-End Item (like Iridium-Plates) to a (only) mircowave-laser.

I always like it if ressources are infinite, thats why i use Compact Solars etc.

Now, theres one thing that is needed quite a lot (not just for IC², other mods need it too), wich is lava.

At least, lava is nothing other than (really hot) liquid Stone, so there should be a (not cheap, end-game) machine that is smelting (cobble-)stone (back) to Lava. Just that you could build ressource-neutral Factories with lava usage etc^^ I also thougt about writing it myself as mod, as soon as IC² for MC 1.3.1 is released, but i liked to have some Feedback befor it :)

(Another 3 unrelated things: MCForge 4 is FINALLY released and i also thougt about a alternative to tin cans and a possibility to create coal, but first this)
    Of course, all of this is really powerfull and needs to be balanced with high prices and high energyusage.

So, your turn, say what you think about this ;)

[Yep, im sorry for my grammar, im german, but dont worry, my english teacher will kill me soon :)}