[Suggestion] Stone Smelter

• I always like it if ressources are infinite, thats why i use Compact Solars etc.

Now, theres one thing that is needed quite a lot (not just for IC², other mods need it too), wich is lava.

At least, lava is nothing other than (really hot) liquid Stone, so there should be a (not cheap, end-game) machine that is smelting (cobble-)stone (back) to Lava. Just that you could build ressource-neutral Factories with lava usage etc^^ I also thougt about writing it myself as mod, as soon as IC² for MC 1.3.1 is released, but i liked to have some Feedback befor it :)

(Another 3 unrelated things: MCForge 4 is FINALLY released and i also thougt about a alternative to tin cans and a possibility to create coal, but first this)
    Of course, all of this is really powerfull and needs to be balanced with high prices and high energyusage.

So, your turn, say what you think about this ;)

[Yep, im sorry for my grammar, im german, but dont worry, my english teacher will kill me soon :)}

Greetz, Sebb.

***modified*** and proud for it!

If you find grammatical mistakes, you can recycle them :)

• Your English teacher really shouldn't kill you, as long as were trying to use proper grammar I will too. I hope, not very good even though I am native English. Care to explain the tin can and coal ideas? I like the idea of smelting cobble to lava... but it needs to use more energy than it would gain from a geogen. Which is like 20k eu a cell? Yeah not a good idea. Balance issues will ultimately kill this.

That's a rather cool idea, but a lone tree is suspicious, better plant some more. So really... forget about solar-flowers, solar-trees are the next generation :P

• [...}I like the idea of smelting cobble to lava... but it needs to use more energy than it would gain from a geogen. Which is like 20k eu a cell? Yeah not a good idea. Balance issues will ultimately kill this.

I thougt about ~50k EU per cell. It would just be nice 'cause lava is an ending Ressource and its hard to pump it out of the nether (esspecially on servers), so this would prevent it from ending^^

Care to explain the tin can and coal ideas?

Of course. For coal would do a way to compress plantballs to coal (like with an Ultra-High Pressure Compresser, maybe with some more steps to do it, like -> Compressed Plant Block -> Ultra Compressed Plant Block -> Coal or something like that.

For tin cans, well, im currently searching a useful solution for that, but currently i dont know wich renewable ressource would be hard, ressistant (excludes wood) and expensive (excludes stone) enough.

Greetz, Sebb.

***modified*** and proud for it!

If you find grammatical mistakes, you can recycle them :)

• I don't think you should be able to smelt cobblestone/smoothstone into lava sources, because that'd mean one lava source can create infinite lava sources, "just add water".

Of course, that's not even what you said directly.

• This thread is probably dead by now but for anyone else:

1. Lava: Forestry Bee's
    2. Coal: Coal is supposed to be finite. Vanilla IC2 won't ever making it renewable. Closest thing to OP's request: [Addon v1.97]BioMaterialsv1.40
    3. Tin: Forestry Beeswax & Refractory Capsules

• I must say that I find the whole "it's possible in other mods" answers a bit confusing. The suggestions are about IC2, and everything is renewable in the mod that shall not be spoken of. Where's the line?

• I must say that I find the whole "it's possible in other mods" answers a bit confusing. The suggestions are about IC2, and everything is renewable in the mod that shall not be spoken of. Where's the line?

1. Lava can already be created by UUM so I gave an alternative for more efficient large scale lava supply. No need to create another way for ic2. Also lava is supposed to be finite hence why geothermals are kind of powerful.
    2. Well no chance of it happening anyway :P So I gave other mod
    3. IC2 tin cells are used for very specific things. Having it made from stone/wood makes no sense in ic2. (Also he said cans).