Posts by Mensrea

I managed to force a square block into a round hole and got SDK's mods working. You will need SDK guns - all 1.2.3. You will also need to change the ID's to the following cause as they are it conflicts with redpower.

blockIdGrinder = 200
    blockIdPlaque = 201
    blockIdNuke = 202
    blockIdLighter = 203
    blockIdOil = 204
    blockIdCannon = 205
    blockIdRope = 206
    blockIdGrapplingHook = 207
    blockIdPlayerSpawner = 208
    blockIdWeaponSpawnerGuns = 209
    blockIdWeaponSpawnerNotGuns = 210

Dean and I are working on an installer so keep your eye on the thread.

KMFDM. What better music to listen to while doing industrial stuff than industrial?

EDIT: Saw saul_goodes list, damn what a collection man! Doubleplus good! OCremix has some good music to accompany games, favoring armored core tribute album atm.

Asking someone who develops something in their free time for the equivalent of FOXCONN wages when they are going to update is the equivalent of someone walking up to you on the street and asking this...

"Hey guy, when are you going to lose some weight, bathe, get a job, and get your shit together?"

Tell me what your response to that question might be and then you may understand why update questions are so obnoxious and annoying.

I'm going to clarify something: we are not babysitters or police. What Mrcool and cresent do to each other is their business, not mine, not the servers. He did not break any of my rules and I will neither ban him nor demote him. I do not get involved in peoples personal affairs and I certainly will not let others do so using rules as justification either. There are no rules stating that someone can be banned/demoted for "using someones account who is on their own team for petty and juvenile reasons" or "not answering someones questions". I would also say that trying to impose morality on people in their personal lives is well, well beyond the scope of the rules. These guys know each other and were essentially complicit in these shenanigans, so its not even like there was malice or intent to do harm. If mrcool was that much of a bad guy he would not have even given hcresent his account back.

If you guys start drama among each other do not expect me or the server rules to sort it out - and don't bring it here. However poorly you treat your freinds is your problem, not mine. Ban perms are there STRICTLY TO ENFORCE SERVER RULES AS LISTED, not to be used based on some loose interpretation and extension of said rules.

I don't want to hear, talk or read anything more about this or I will ban you all for being immature - which is a rule.

And mistic I'm not being "merciful", I'm just not meddling in affairs that are not my business. It's called having boundaries.

/pex user [players name] group add bluevet/redvet

If you use group set instead of group add you will break everything, doom the world, set loose evil HFT algos, etc.

Also, I will be marketing the "Minecraft hardcore challange pack" [MHCP] soon. Contained therein is a copy of Minecraft, a hammer, and a steel impact plate. It's use is simple: if ever you feel Minecraft is lacking difficulty place your hands* on the steel impact plate and proceed to smash your fingers into burger with the hammer. This will make minecraft considerably more difficult as you struggle to manuever your mangled hands over various keys and buttons. For an added challange turn said hammer on your face and smash your eyesockets. Even the most adept player will have difficulty clicking on blocks without the benefits of vision or motor controls. MHCP is being endorsed by note worthy personalities such as Steve McQueen, John Wayne, and "Macho Man" Randy Savage.

*Already smashed one hand and now you can't grip the hammer to crush the other? Never fear, loners! We will be offering rehabilitated GM™ robots programmed for finger smashing in the event that you don't have physical contact with other humans!

Shadow there was nothing at all surprising to me or anyone else who was on about mke's reaction to you. People can only put up with so much crap before they snap, and you seemed to be trying to push him so I understand his response completely. Ndel even used the /ignore command on you. You didn't just complain a little, or a lot, you complained non-stop. Literally from the very moment you asked to join blue and they accepted you, you were complaining. No, from the very moment you got on the server you were complaining. Excuse us for interpreting that as trollish behavior, but people just do not act that way on any consistent basis unless they are meaning to rile others up or dont like them / dont want to be around them.

Also, poor behavior goes beyond the scope of cussing or being vulgar/making direct personal attacks. There are more than several ways to use words to agitate and anger people and whether you realize it or not that is exactly what you were doing. Worse yet its what you have ALWAYS done, so I cant even tell people you were having a bad day or some other excuse.

And you sure do have a lot of freinds with minecraft accounts that are willing to give you total control over them, cause nkchwarren was your third (at minimum) iteration. Each time you have tried to decieve people about who you are.

This is a good idea. It gives experience a practical use and encourages people to stay alive instead of jumping in the ol' suicide pond whenever they get hungry. Seems no less industrial than turning sand and rocks and electricity into magic purple stuff that you can make into diamonds, or using a wooden bench, saw and a hammer to manufacture complex integrated circuits, etc. The only thing I would argue with is the ability to fly, which can only be briefly mastered before becoming one with pavement. Does not have to be a "brain machine" even, just some abstraction of the effect experience has on people at making them more proficient with stuff they do on a regular basis.

How about a comfy chair to sit in and collect your thoughts? After you think about the day you come to the realization that using your drill in some such way puts an inordinate strain on its motor, draining its batteries faster. A small lifestyle change could increase its battery life by some modest amount. Just an example. There are probably a million plausable sci-fi scenarios that don't involve recliners.

Just not sure if this could be coded at all. Would seemingly be like a potion whose effects do not wear off until you die.

Alternatively, I could see there being a Deadspace-esque upgrade table, that uses parts instead of experience to "enchant" tools. Would just be nice to give players an incentive to not die.

-Intentional
    -Not intentional and I dont understand how its possible, will look tonight
    -Looking into now. We are running ported version 1.2.3 so is there any reason why client version 1.2.3 doesnt work?
    -Good job home skillet.
    -Nano will be weak unless we alter.

And what is this business with mrcool? Sounds like an issue between him, cresent and his little brother to me. If he keeps using little dudes account just ban that. Also, consider this: how does mrcool guess cresents password? You can't explain that.

Also, I shouldn't have to be on every hour of every day for things to function. You guys are supposed to be behaving maturely, not acting like a bunch of deltas.

Flan is rewriting his mods and SDK tells everyone he will port to bukkit so no one else will do it (would be nice if someone would just do it anyway). Aside, everyone is starting from scratch and will probably take several weeks to build up something resembling an economy before we see weekly wars again. Also, chuckle I think I have seen you on the server maybe a total of 3-4 times. Do you play in the AM?

Kind of wish I had some person from another timezone to admin at night.

I decided to update to 1.2.3. New map and fresh start. We dropped buildcraft but immibis tubes & core will give us autocrafting. There are no ported guns or planes mods yet. I will add them as they are released. I plan to update to the next versions as soon as possible but keep the current map. Since there is no more custom programing there will be no installer. The mods you will need are below -

modloader 1.2.3 - http://www.minecraftforum.net/…-mods-everything-updated/

modloaderMP 1.2.3 - http://www.minecraftforum.net/…-mar-26-modloadermp-only/

MCforge 1.2.3 - http://sourceforge.net/projects/minecraftforge/files/

IC2 1.81 - http://forum.industrial-craft.…page=Thread&threadID=5217

Redpower, all modules 1.2.3 4e - http://www.eloraam.com/

Compact solars 1.2.3 IC2 addon - http://forum.industrial-craft.…page=Thread&threadID=4827

Wireless redstone 1.2.3 - http://www.minecraftforum.net/…124wireless-redstone-v15/

Immibis core and tubes (two files) - http://www.minecraftforum.net/…110123-immibiss-mods-smp/

Chicken bones ext 1.2.3 - http://www.minecraftforum.net/…23-smp-chickenbones-mods/

Oh right, because the presence of steam engines means people were using them to dupe. By the same logic everyone who owns a gun is a murderer, and everyone who ever used quantum in past wars abused the glitch with that, etc. What this all boils down to is this: whenever you guys lose the other team must be hacking. Theres no way they could be playing fair/not hacking under those circumstances, right?

And did you just copy all of that from mistics resignation?

As much as I would like to build large infrastructure networks, towers for signaling planes, structures for people to actually use, some people *cough*

ndelmnco

*cough* would systematically dismantle them. Not for the resources they contain, just to agitate me. Also denying your opponents access to transportation/navigation networks is a strategic imperative and I can assure you that more than one person on each team would would tear them down as soon as possible. It will also be less necessary to do this in the future due to the hieght cieling being raised. That should make much more airspace available. Can't wait to see some high altitude bombing!

In the meantime you guys are just going to be happy with what I already give you: IED's, trapdoor lava pitfalls, rogue tesla coils and the occasional mob invasion (lol mobs, what a joke).

And here's a tasty treat for dear comrade shniggle: yum.

For the next update cycle we will basically be starting fresh. I will transfer vaults and industrial zones but that is all. Everything else will be newly generated map. I understand that this will probably make some people unhappy but frankly the map is picked clean and lags like hell. More veteran players have asked me to change the map than keep it. I will also be enlarging industrial zones to give more reps the opportunity to build without n00bzors messing things up for them. Everything in the industrial zones will be moved to the new map so I urge reps to continue using the zones. For everyone else - put your things in the vault when its time to move and thats how we can transfer it to the new map. DO NOT expect anything related to buildcraft to be transferred and prepare to break it down before the transfer.

When will it be time to update? When all the mods are updated and ported. If you ask me this question again I will simply ignore it.

What mods will we have? IC2, RP, planes, vehicles, guns (either sdk or WW2 will have to see which is better), condensed solars, advanced machines (the non-nerfed one), and probably a few others (seriously considering not getting railcraft just cause of those lag making bricks). I am not getting buildcraft or forestry though. Buildcraft is redundant and forestry is like some kind of Rube Goldberg machine with all its complexities essentially just used to grow stuff. We will have a replacement auto crafting table cause thats the only thing of value buildcraft has left. No I will not get more mods. More mods = more problems & more lag. Besides IC2 and RP have more then enough exceptional, bugfree content to keep you busy ad infinitum. Aside, this is a war server, not a freebuild server. Build what you need to compete and then well...compete. Do not tell me there is nothing to do when basically 2 or 3 people on each team do 95% of the work preparing defenses, gearing up for war & planning invasions....trust me those 2-3 people are very overworked and could use a little help.

This only pertains to team reps:

I will be trading stacks of uranium cells for the equivalent amounts of tin cells and refined uranium. Seeing how many nuclear reactors people have to keep online makes me feel bad about the tedious, mind-numbing aspect of click-click-click refueling for all of them. Since I'm not getting kick backs from mouse manufacturers I'm not really feeling this. So I will be trading with reps only and only on weekends (saturday morning-sunday night) so don't pester me about it at any other time. I also don't want to have to stand in your base for 30 minutes while you dig through your belongings so if you plan on making this trade have everything ready, get everyones order and supplies together (I will only be dealing with 1 rep per team per weekend) to order in bulk.