Posts by Mensrea

-Switched to a better server (IP change)
    -Added AE
    -Added nuclear control
    -Added iron chests (just build obby chests)
    -Added stationary sniper cannon (immobilizes while being used, used by any armor)
    -Updated armor mod (poison now goes through armor unless it can resist it)(terminator no longer receives speed or jump buffs)
    -Buffed Hydra (only real defense/antidote to poison rounds)
    -Buffed carapace armor life a good deal
    -Remove construction foam
    -Fix wrench repair recipe
    -Buffed assault speed again
    -Gave flak a small speed boost (because its light armor thats why)
    -Buff taurox speed
    -Increased hitbox sizes of all projectiles, especially bolts, tank rounds and various lasers
    -Buffed siege mortar firing rate
    -Satchels no longer detonate when shot

Server IP: 69.195.148.17:25565

Server IP is also saved in our technic pack. Check it out here.

Server Features:

✘60 slots, 8 gb's of RAM, 24/7, professionally hosted.
    ✘Fight for the forces of Chaos or the Imperium.
    ✘Live in relative peace on the civilian world and become a trader or mercenary.
    ✘WH40k themed conflict, technology, armor, weapons and vehicles.
    ✘Numerous tech mods, custom mods and a complete rework of mod recipes.
    ✘Fully dynamic battlefield with 100's of capturable regions.
    ✘WH40k armor mod with very advanced armors ranging from flak to terminator.
    ✘Combat drugs distributed at various sites which grant many buffs.
    ✘Dozens of capturable sites that contain things such as power plants, mines, farms, and advanced labs.
    ✘Sites have practical uses such as granting access to large ore deposits, free resource dispensers, warp points, or unlimited free power.
    ✘Economy system built around capturing regions and buying things at important sites.
    ✘Join a sides army group or a custom outfit. Fight with your friends or get to know your teammates.
    ✘All languages welcome.
    ✘Preset worldmap with waypoints on important sites, capitols and other locations.
    ✘Fully integrated mod pack designed from the ground up with cohesion and WH40k lore in mind.
    ✘Players do not lose their inventory on the war world to encourage conflict.
    ✘Explosions breaking blocks is disabled for server performance.
    ✘Logblock and routine backups.

Info:

We use the technic pack to make distribution of our pack simpler. Get the pack here.

The server runs two worlds: a normal, no-PVP survival world and a PVP world. The PVP world is built around the concept of a dynamic battlefield split into many different regions that can be captured by planting flags. Some regions are just empty wilderness but many contain important sites; facilities that provide needed resources for free or at a cost. Players earn money by capturing regions and engaging in trade. The PVP world is divided into two sides: the Imperium and the forces of Chaos. Both sides are collections of players who work together to gain dominance over the battlefield.

The survival world players can travel to the PVP world but not vice versa. Survival world players may trade or fight with the PVP players but cannot capture or access the sites.

The kind of players we are looking for are Warhammer 40k fans, players who like a unique PVP experience (basically one giant world split into capture-and-hold regions), players who enjoy tech mods and players who enjoy a more casual PVP experience (no item loss on death, protected areas to actually build things in without the expectation of griefing). We always like to have people who enjoy being a part of a team but being a loner and doing your own thing is fine as well, no one can tell you how to have fun. We do take the rules very seriously though, so please make sure you observe them.

If your still reading this wall of text then you may want to check out our website. There, the servers features are covered in much greater detail.

Rules:

1.Don't be a jerk.
    2.No cheats, hacks, exploits*, or abuse of commands.
    *Anything used in a way it's not intended to be used.
    3.Keep chat relevant and civil.
    4.If you are on a team do not betray it. Yes, this means spying and theft.
    5.Do not in any way cover or hide the flag when capping.

-Breaking rules will result in immediate, no questions asked bans. No excuses.
    -If your not sure if somethings against the rules, don't do it.
    -We have block logs, chat logs, action logs and backups.

If you have any questions or problems let me know here or by email at mensreamc@gmail.com

One of industrial wars former players, fxmuffincow, decided to resurrect the whole IW experience and launch it. They went from home hosting, to now public hosting and have made some damn fine progress in assembling all the elements to complete the experience. Server populations have been consistently high and lots of players are starting to come back.

http://forums.technicpack.net/…industrial-war-2-modpack/

Currently dean is working on updating my old pack, and other than there being 4 teams instead of the 2 things are mostly the same. I urge you guys to check it out. They have put a lot of work into it and its starting to really show.

EDIT: Joon! Just the guy I was looking for. I see you lurking. Don't think I don't, you scallywag.

Futurecraft is like dwarf fortress, and also like fight club, in so far as YOU DO NOT ASK ABOUT THE RELEASE DATE (rules 1 & 2).
    Release date aside, futurecraft outclasses minecraft on a scale of magnitudes; notch & co aren't worthy of any potential revenue they would get from it. It ought to be a game in itself.

In other news: one fxmuffincow is currently working on opening a "industrial war 2" or "industrial war reloaded". Basically, it's the IW pack updated to 1.6.4, with the server being the same minus the point system and with the addition of another team. This may be relevant. I will post information as I am updated.

The server keeps going down due to some combat armor related crash but the enjin forums are/have been fine. Maybe the PLA is waging cybarwar on Canada for uhh....I honestly can't think of anything the Canadians would do to deserve that except maybe just for having Stephen Harper as PM, or cursing the world with Justin Beiber and Nickleback. Me and crafter are trying to work on it systematically but we have eliminated some proposed causes yet it still happens. The crash happened 3 times between monday and today so hopefully whoever/whatever was responsible has let up a little.

EDIT: Fixed. Thanks for the reminder j.

Some of those recipe blockers don't work. You can either spam click the recipe and it inevitably gives it to you (yes, I actually did that) or you can make it in a RP project table and get it that way. Go here: enable or disable jetpacks, nano armor, saber and mining laser if your just trying to block IC2 recipes. Swap the laser ID with something else, so when someone tries to make a laser they instead get a fabulous wooden treetap, which is really just a retro laser, if you think about it. Its a 10 second fix, though you may also have to go into your saved world file and swap it there too, as IC2 has some redundant ID maps.

OR, use the bukkit plugin modifyworld, as that is much more versatile, works with every mod, and has a feature that lets you get rid of all existing items you want banned by periodically scanning inventories of players and removing contraband.

Hi fallen, great mod but I'm having an issue with the code doors. I use multiverse to add different worlds and the doors work in the main world but not the two multiverse worlds. They can be placed and the GUI shows up but if you try to input numbers nothing shows up and no code can be set or entered. I am using the latest version of your mod.

At 2 AM EST I am taking the server down for about an hour to do some backups and add/update a couple mods.

We will be adding the univeral electricty core mod basic components. We will also be add the mods fallencore and defence, both IC2 addons with some very nice features. The ICBM mod has been updated as well and now comes in 3 parts: explosion, contraption and sentry. We will get all three. The new automated sentries with ICBM's update are by far the best sentries I have seen yet and exactly the kind I have always wanted to have. We have also updated the portal mod and gregtech as those have added some very nice features recently.

Finally, I will be granting commanders iridium restone powers, which means that from now on only they will be able to place or break the stuff. I will be giving access to explosives back to militia and guerilla as they are stuck on New Terra anyway.

I have also done a complete overhaul of the IW gun pack. Everything has been rebalanced and there are now good reasons for players to use a diverse range of weapons. I have even added an entirely new gun: the deployable 20mm Cannon. This should be a weapon that makes quantum soldiers think twice about assaulting a fortified position head-on.

All the mod changes as well as the link to the new IW pack are listed in the opening post.

Skipping the update tonight after I decided to add 20mm stationary cannons, AP in 7.62 for the m240 and SCAR-H and make some weaker guns have wood stocks instead of expensive carbon. I pretty much rebalanced half the parts and ammo in the process. I even added a bee gun! It shoots angry anti-matter bees that we will raise in forestry! Nicolas Cage grimmaces at the thought. Hopefully this will fix the issue of the M107 being the only gun worth using. Now it's only too bad I cant prevent vehicles from being broken by punches. That or turn off quant fast run. Rescheduling for tomorrow so I can take my time and test everything before setting it up.

I added two new ranks: militia for blue and guerilla for red. These are now the lowest ranks and these players are unable to access their own teams worlds. In the event of an invasion they can get on the enemies world though. This is a security measure to help commanders get to know people before they let them on their planets. I also changed how explosives are handled. From now on only Officers, Komots, Commanders and Commandants can handle, build or hold the following items:

Mining laser
    TNT
    Dynamite
    Nuke
    Sticky Dynamite
    ICBM grenades, explosives and missiles
    ICBM rocket launchers (shoulder launched)
    ICBM explosive minecarts

I urge players to not pick these up or try to make them as they will be deleted from your inventory. While I hate to limit the freedom of players to destroy their enemies lately we have had a huge influx of new people. There are too many people for the commanders to keep track of and the potential for one off griefers is high as strangers wander in, ask why the server is not Call of Duty with less pixels, and then proceed to start setting off ICBM's for kicks.

We also had a problem recently with people thinking that everything under the sun ought to be in the rules and if its not then it must be allowed. One Commander was banned when he completely disgregarded our no putting associates on the enemy team common sense rule and his associate was banned as well. Obviously, stuff like that is not appropriate for any game, is highly dishonorable, and will never be tolerated. These are computer games, NOT real war, or else you all would have died a long time ago (with no respawn). Given this disregard for appropriate conduct I will now be posting the IP and IGN and info on people who try to use underhanded tactics like this against their enemies on the website. I have no respect for that sort of behavior and I will show none what so ever to the people who engage in it. I will be adding a reminder in the rules to reflect this change as well.

I am considering re-introducing bedrock apartments as well. While I do not want to do this as it offers too much safety vs invaders I may be able to find a way to have the opposing force be able to enter the apartments while preventing griefers on teams from entering private rooms. If I can find a way to do that I will definetly add them.

Finally, chest log was activated several days ago as well as the log for buttons, doors and plates. It seems that some people were not aware of this sudden, unannounced change and thus were caught stealing. One guy even tried to argue that he didnt while I was looking at the logs with his name on it. Either way, as always, greifing or stealing from your own team is a ban. I dont care if your brother/grandma/cat was using your account; there are no acceptable excuses.