Experimental on 1.6.4 help

• ok, so here is my problem. I have been trying to get ic2 experimental to work on my server with no luck so far. ;( I use a hosting service, i have tried using ftp to install on server side and it won't run the server, and gives no codes as to why. Then i talked to the hosting service IT, he told me it need to be done only on client side of the game and it should work. So i did this... and bam! it works on single-player. :thumbup: Now when i log into the server it doesn't work at all. :evil: It will not let me place blocks or make anything. I thought that maybe it was possible that i am missing it on the server side, so i installed it once again on the server side and started the game only to get ID mismatch code. Does anyone have any suggestions on what i might try differently?

• tried that already and it doesn't do anything, once this is done it logs in and i still can't place blocks, also if i do try to give myself block on the server in no creative it tells me that there is no id to match any of the items

• You're obviously not going to be able to play the mod if it's not installed on the server. :P Their helpdesk guy apparently had no idea what you wanted from him. Did you explain it properly?

I'm fairly sure you're encountering one of the following issues:
    - You bought a vanilla server, or
    - Your server runs the wrong Minecraft version, or
    - Your server runs the wrong Forge version, or
    - You ran into an ID conflict on the first attempt to install IC2, because you have a ton of other mods already installed

• ok, so here is my problem. I have been trying to get ic2 experimental to work on my server with no luck so far. ;( I use a hosting service, i have tried using ftp to install on server side and it won't run the server, and gives no codes as to why. Then i talked to the hosting service IT, he told me it need to be done only on client side of the game and it should work. So i did this... and bam! it works on single-player. :thumbup: Now when i log into the server it doesn't work at all. :evil: It will not let me place blocks or make anything. I thought that maybe it was possible that i am missing it on the server side, so i installed it once again on the server side and started the game only to get ID mismatch code. Does anyone have any suggestions on what i might try differently?

You will need custom jar support, and have to install forge.

• Try to upload the ForgeModLoader-0 logs here, that may help. And make sure the versions of IC2, Forge, and Minecraft you're running on client and server are the same.

EDIT: Heh, missed the 1k