IC2 Let's Play series along with BuildCraft and RedPower

• Hello,

I hope it's alright if i throw this in here. I've started a new LP series about a week ago, using IndustrialCraft2 along with SpaceToad's BuildCraft and RedPower which will be the three mods I'll most probably never remove throughout the series. It's starting a bit slow but I felt that if I include the first hours in the new world, I can come back in a year and indulge myself in nostaliga ;)

I'm still new to this and work in improving myself and the episodes each and every single time, please bear with my brainfarts I seem to have every now and again heh. It probably starts getting more interesting from episode 4 onwards where I'd build a small geothermal powerplant, but not just slamming down a pump and glue a few generators on it and call it a powerplant, that wouldn't be something that satisfy me.

Feel free to comment, ask, request or criticise, I can take it!

You'll find a Playlist on YouTube for your entertainment needs as well as a thread on the MCF about it, but I'll be reading both places. :)

Best Regards,
    ~Zarrab

"All errors should be fixed, as much of the code was rewritten."

• Did you say "Pinkie Pie swear"? ^___^
    Also, nice let's play, but that geothermal station makes me crazy.... Is it fully independend like a solar array?

Cutiemark crusaders - engineers, Yay!
    Blown up: Industrial Blast Furnace, Industrial Wiremill, Singularity compressor, Extractor.

• I guess I did say that =)

And yes, I totally got the infinite lava thing wrong, it would be used up if it wasn't modded but I didn't notice, so it would need to be maintained. I'm already thinking about a good alternative involving pumps and a certain other type of generators, working much like the sandstone producing machine =)

I'm glad you like it so far, thank you. That said, episode 7 is finally out! A new dream awaits, as well as a new project that I think turned out great, and a small surprise.

• Oh my, awesome dreams, awesome storage room, and awesome turbine!

But... About that issue with the batbox... You can just put something in the batbox slot, so buckets won't go in it. Actually, this happened automatically - the bucket was in this slot, and there are no way to put the second one into that slot.

About evenly-splitting scheme - do you know, that the iron pipe can't output items to the wooden pipe? So, if you'll replace the pipe just next to the input of your iron pipe, you won't need the complicated (or not very complicated) scheme with the counter. But, there are may be an issue with the pipe connection - your system is too compact ^_~

Also, funny explosion ^__^ Can you do that? can you explode twice? ^_~
    I think, that was a pump explosion - transformer charged up, and emited the MV to the copper cable... For the purpose of safety, you should use the set of transformers, and never connect the copper cable and your machines to something, that even theoretically can emit the current, that machines can't handle... I've blown up my machine room because i connected the LV transformer to the HV transformer, and once, when HV transformer was charged up, i've switched the EV-mode off. HV-transformer emitted HV to the LV transformer, and it exploded. I'm not sure, but may be the induction furnaces are exploded too...

Blown up: Industrial Blast Furnace, Industrial Wiremill, Singularity compressor, Extractor.

• But... About that issue with the batbox... You can just put something in the batbox slot, so buckets won't go in it. Actually, this happened automatically - the bucket was in this slot, and there are no way to put the second one into that slot.

About evenly-splitting scheme - do you know, that the iron pipe can't output items to the wooden pipe? So, if you'll replace the pipe just next to the input of your iron pipe, you won't need the complicated (or not very complicated) scheme with the counter. But, there are may be an issue with the pipe connection - your system is too compact ^_~

I was afraid that if there was something in the batbox's inventory slot, the next item that randomly and accidentally trying to go into the batbox would drop out of the pipe instead and decay after 5 minutes. That might be what happened to the missing bucket, I assumed later.

Hm but if I connect a wooden pipe to the input side of the iron pipe, something still needs to toggle the iron pipe's output, preferably in a controlled manner :) I couldn't think of something simpler and more compact yet, though I will be revising the opposite side of it.

The explosion.. hm still a mystery, someone suggested it was because the MV Transformer was not connected to an MFE and could not discharge, therefore it exploded. I'm pretty sure I flipped the lever so it would collect EU and send a MV pulse out the 3-dotted face, and I was overly careful while placing it :D ... it was so cool in slow-mo, that I added that scene to the end of the video, and my slow-mo laugh sounds evil :P

• Hey, pretty much the same Mods I used for my "Industrial Revolution".
    Except I used the TF2 Teleporter as well to travel faster and stopped after 46 episodes or so because 1.8 was out.

But yeah I got a hint for you from YouTuber to YouTuber:
    Your voice compared to the Minecraft Sounds is too quiet and since it looks like you used Fraps to record the footage, you don't have 2 audio channels.
    So you might want to make a sound check every now and then. Not only does it net you more subscribers, it also makes people want to watch your videos more.
    Other than that it's interesting to watch, your english is fine, the microphone seems good and you're 29, so no kids voice = good as well.

Edit:

Don't worry about missing items or not playing perfect. Sure there'll be some comments like "OMGZ!111u suckz!" due to minor mistakes you make...
    But the other 99% will enjoy the videos even more due to non-perfection.
    Heck, I made a somewhat blind Let's Play of IC² and connected a 128EU/s output to a macerator and blew up the side of my house. That video got over 100 more likes and like an extra 10.000 views now ^^

Click the Banner to get to my channel!

• I was afraid that if there was something in the batbox's inventory slot, the next item that randomly and accidentally trying to go into the batbox would drop out of the pipe instead and decay after 5 minutes. That might be what happened to the missing bucket, I assumed later.

No, it shouldn't try to go into the occupied slot, or occupied chest - if wooden pipe is right next to the batbox, and there are any item in the batbox slot - items should ignore this split.

Hm but if I connect a wooden pipe to the input side of the iron pipe, something still needs to toggle the iron pipe's output, preferably in a controlled manner :) I couldn't think of something simpler and more compact yet, though I will be revising the opposite side of it.

Yes, you need a controller, but it can be a single toggle latch (This item is AWESOME - T Flip-flop in the size of ONE block!)

The explosion.. hm still a mystery, someone suggested it was because the MV Transformer was not connected to an MFE and could not discharge, therefore it exploded. I'm pretty sure I flipped the lever so it would collect EU and send a MV pulse out the 3-dotted face, and I was overly careful while placing it :D ... it was so cool in slow-mo, that I added that scene to the end of the video, and my slow-mo laugh sounds evil :P

It seems strange... I've never heard about the "transformer overload" issue...
    Aeyup, that scene was cool. ^^

• In regards to the "mystery explosion":

MV Transformers either send Medium Voltage or High Voltage (HV from the 3-dot side when powered with redstone, which it was)

However, since there was nothing wired to the "output" side of the transformer. I'm pretty sure that the transformer decided to send a packet of MV to the pump next to it, causing the explosion.

The waterfall effect at the end was a nice touch, it looked like an artesian well. Though I couldn't tell you where the water came from :P

• Oh my, i haven't watch your videos a while, and there are lot of them now! How can i watch all of this videos?! *panic*
    Okay, let's get started.

• Nice and funny videos as usual! I was laughing a lot at your first update video ^_~
    About nothing-produsing tree farm - i tried that one too (but not using quarry) and stuk with that filler issue too...
    But! Now, you can just build the RedPower sand-drop tree farm with deployers, piston and block breacker! That thing is awesome, but there are an issue with correct working tree detector... It depends on direction of the signal and placement of BlockBreaker (haven't figured out which placement is the working one) But anyways, that farm is very cool. If you can supply infinity bonemeal into it, you even don't need the tree detector.

• It's been a great couple of months. I've done many things in the past, but people enjoying what I share about how I play Minecraft on YouTube, I enjoyed the most over the past year.

So here is a special episode I spontaneously came up with only tonight, made with all of them in mind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHrT3dDwWu0

• It's been almost a year now, and I'm glad that IC2 is still going, amongst other things. I know that sometimes the amount of work and effort required to do something can be quite smashing, which I think is valid for everything, but I made it. Almost one year and 1,000 subscribers, accompanying me, Industrial Craft, among other great mods.

In the meantime I lost my original world during update issues after Minecraft 1.7, but I repeat history and gave every single one of my subscribers a permanent place, more accessible and glorious this time though... except for one guy. His username on YouTube is "dummerjude" which translates to "stupid jew", I'm surprised he's not been banned yet, even though I think I tried to report it to YT staff :P

And for this very occasion, I made a special episode: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COybmFK5GaU

So, thanks for IC, Al and... fix your mod, eh? ;)

~jack

Edited once, last by Zarrab ().