Can't create steel plates with Metal Former.

• Hello All

Need help or clarification: Does Metal Former work with steel? I tried creating a steel plate but it will not take it in any of the three modes, running the latest GregTech 404l and IC2 Exp-306.

Thanks in advance.

• Official Post

Metal former doesn't do steel as it's not used in vanilla IC2. Gregtech adds no recipes to the metal former so no GT plates can be made in it. Iron plates for example can be made and will work while steel or electrum won't.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• that was quick, thank you,

What is the main diff between Industrial Electrolyzer and Industrial Centrifuge - I read in the wiki that tons of recipes were moved from the Indus. Centrifuge to the Indus. Electrolyzer. Is one replacing the other or they just overlap in some of their functionality.

Also does the Industrial Centrifuge require both type of steel? the recipe in NEI is: 4 stainless steel plates and 2 steel/stainless steel machine hull + the others items.

Thank you,

• The centrifuge separates mixtures into compounds, and sometimes elements.
    The electrolyzer separates compounds into elements.

• Official Post

Both Ind. Electrolyzer and Ind. Centrifuge are for turning one thing into up to 4 other thingies, "decomposing" stuff.
    The Ind Electrolyzer recipes are considerably faster than the centrifuge ones, but uses much more energy. Recipes are unique, so they don't overlap each other.

• Thank you both,
    I was going to craft the Ind. Centrifuge to get more Sil-Cells from my stash of redstones, but the stainless steel requirement is ...... well guess have to stick with Ind. Elec for now as it doesn't need stainless.