Improving the EU-net system

• Hi

Ive read a lot about people wanting IC2e to go back to the old system with eu packages. I think that system was in no way realistic, unfortunately the new one isnt either.

Id suggest a mix of both systems:

Machines and Cables both have a EU/package and a package/tick value!

For example:
    generator would generate 10EU/package at 1 package/tick
    nuclear reactor would generate lets say 128EU/package at 2 package/tick
    tin cable would support 32EU/package at 4 packages/tick

so a tin cable could support up to 32*4 = 128 EU/tick but would not be able to support the nuclear reactor because it exceeds the EU/package.

• Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• 1. The EU system is not in a finished state. Like at all. Even explosions and cable frying is disabled, because it's not finished.

2. Why do you think the old system has been scrapped? It was more complex than it needed to be. The whole thinking of "packages" complicated things and the goal of the new e-net is to make it more intuitive, thus only using EU/t.

• 1. The EU system is not in a finished state. Like at all. Even explosions and cable frying is disabled, because it's not finished.

2. Why do you think the old system has been scrapped? It was more complex than it needed to be. The whole thinking of "packages" complicated things and the goal of the new e-net is to make it more intuitive, thus only using EU/t.

2nd point - only applicable to newcomers and returning users can be confused though. However, it does massively reduce lag.

The "packet" system will return, in a different form, the current E-Net is still borked up on how to simulate "packets", that's why explosions and cable frying are temporarily disabled.

• The "packet" system will return, in a different form, the current E-Net is still borked up on how to simulate "packets", that's why explosions and cable frying are temporarily disabled.

If we do, I'd like to see them set as a particular rate that is specific type of energy generation transmitting down the cable line. A "real" current/amp system that simulates how current is generated from point A to point B. That way, the rate at which packets are generated could reflect the level of power produced...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• I'd be most impressed if a voltage and current type of system was used. This would probably be complicated, because then it would have to factor in how smaller current should have less resistance (EU loss) than higher currents. I'm guessing it wasn't done for a good reason, like performance or something. I wouldn't think these talented mod makers aren't able to do it, I believe them when they say it would be too hard on our computer systems.