Advice on learning code

• I'm trying to learn how to code so that I may perhaps make my own mod or contribute to this mod in some type of way. Does anyone have any advice on where to start?

Right now, I am playing a simple computer game called "Turtle" where I'm using code to make a triangle trace lines on the screen. Any video game suggestions for learning code are greatly appreciated.

Any advice at all is useful, so don't be shy. :D

• Thank you!

So should I focus on learning Java, or is something more popular like C++ also useful?

• Pahimar, the mod developer of EE3, did a "Let's Mod" series on Youtube that you can refer from. Gives some good advice on what to do/not do when starting out in modding... I find it pretty helpful for at least sating your interest in the subject, lol...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Pahimar, the mod developer of EE3, did a "Let's Mod" series on Youtube that you can refer from. Gives some good advice on what to do/not do when starting out in modding... I find it pretty helpful for at least sating your interest in the subject, lol...

Thank you, I will look into this series.

• the thing about writing code is the more you do it, the better you get at it. one big tip is Arrays are your friend. Java is a lot like C++. C++ is harder to work with (IMO).
    the other nice thing about coding is that you can google what you want your code to do, and most people have uploaded stubs that with a little tweaking, will generally do what you are looking for. Please be sure to put credits for any code you grab from the internet in the comments (//blarg) in your code.

happy coding.