Some theories, numbers, and little helpful bits of information

• I'm going to share a few things i came up with and simple things that people might not understand yet because they are new to IC².

It costs 64 coal dust, 9 flint and one brick, obsidian or iron block to create an industrial diamond. The EU's required for macerating and compressing all the stuff is: 46250, which if powered by a generator takes 12 coal.

The cost from nothing to a working setup for a miner with regular drill and an OD scanner is: 69 Refined iron, 10 redstone dust, 33 cables, 45 wooden planks, 2 RE batteries, 1 glowstone dust, and a chest. Optional but recommened additions: a solar flower: 7 cables, 1 energy storage block, 9 coal dust, 9 glass, 21 refined iron, 3 RE batteries. this will power this setup with possibly a little bit of power left. i'm not sure if pumps work, so someone please tell me if they do and i will add that.

Feel free to correct me or request more of these.

• You thread is interresting but ... i don't think this is a "tutoral". So it could be moved to another location in this IC² forum.
    But if you explain how to obtain this amount of energy / supply, i'll be much a tutorial :)

• Official Post

Did you see that the miner now needs about 20-25 eu/t to work in normal speed? takes some more solars...

• Did you see that the miner now needs about 20-25 eu/t to work in normal speed? takes some more solars...

Are you using diamond drill? Cos normal drill is like 8 times more energy efficient ... Seriously, a LOT. Given how cheap miners are now you might as well make a few of them with standard drills and OV scanners (9*9 mine area!), stack a LV transformer and MFE on top of each, charge them a few times with energy crystals, and leave them for a long while before rinsing and repeating :)

• [...]
    It costs 64 coal dust, 9 flint and one brick, obsidian or iron block to create an industrial diamond. The EU's required for macerating and compressing all the stuff is: 46250, which if powered by a generator takes 12 coal.
    [...]

Isn't it 8 flint?

• Isn't it 8 flint?

Yes it is 8 flint.

I think this is very cool you should make more of these.

Have a nice day! Einen schönen Tag noch! Buona giornata! Passez une bonne journée! 有一個很好的一天!素敵な一日を! Хорошего дня!