How generators distribute power

• Hey all, I'm wondering if anyone can shed some light on how generators (particularly the reactor in this case) distribute their power between various machines. I'd imagine that it's sort of a round-robin system, since machines can afford a few moments without power because of their buffers, but how does that apply to power sinks that won't ever stop consuming more power than is being fed to it, such as an MFR Mining laser or uncharged EU-storage block?

• Official Post

That is partly true, they charge everything connected, but at different rates, with the highest rate being the closest.
    Since machines and blocks get full over time (and emptied over time, given work or output), rates change.

If you are using IC² experimental and your reactor + other generators don't produce more than 2048 EU/t, the optimal setup is :

Generators -X blocks -> MFSU -> Machines that does NOT have a constant consumption, like macerators, furnaces and such machinery required to run your base.
    Generators (same as before) - Y (Y>X, with Y preferably 1.5X or more) blocks -> Machines that does have a constant consumption.

Make your MFSU have the highest priority and the massfab/mining lasers the lowest, thus their power usage is increased as everything else required to run your base (machines) are fully fed.

• That was interesting , and it does make some sense, thanks for the info, I believe the most drastic change was the transformers, since they no longer emit more than just one pack of EU.

Check my channel on YT for finished LPs (GT4 and GT5 ), and some stuff on 1.6.4
    I am realy not good with speech and english.