[IC2 Exp][1.7.10] IHL Tools & Machines

• wormzjl
    "Gyubnera" is an incorrect Google translation of a world "Гюбнерит". Actually it is hubnerite.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H%C3%BCbnerite

Ok so this is actually one type of wolframite, You didn't provide a russian localization with the mod actually?

Also I'm trying to test the electrolysis bath, but it seems that it does not accept power directly and I'm unable to find any documentation.
    Could you explain a bit how this thing works?

• wormzjl
    I forgot that I removed frequency generator. It is not needed anymore. Bugs are fixed.

Also I would like to remove blower, tunneling shield, redstone signal switch box and collectors in next version. This will reduce size of a mod and amount of code I need to maintain. If someone need them speak now. If someone will need them after 0.619 release I will release them as separated add-ons.
    I did a mistake by throwing all my experiments in a one big pile.

• There are some similar stuff in other mods for replacement so it's fine IMO

Just testing the electrolysis, how do I prevent the wire from catching fire while maintaining a reasonable processing speed?
    I've set the voltage to 0.125x and it still burns, if I set it to the minimum the progress will be too slow.

Also can you make it possible to automate the electrolysis bath, like dumping the fluid upon receiving a redstone signal?

• Just testing the electrolysis, how do I prevent the wire from catching fire while maintaining a reasonable processing speed?
    I've set the voltage to 0.125x and it still burns, if I set it to the minimum the progress will be too slow.

Use thick copper cables. You can craft up to 135 sq. mm cables (I should fix GUI here \/ ).

Also can you make it possible to automate the electrolysis bath, like dumping the fluid upon receiving a redstone signal?

It is possible to drain electrolysis bath as any other fluid tank.

• The problem is, during electrolysis the molten salt is not comsumend, and if you use regular pipe or cells both the salt and the target fluid will be drained

Use thick copper cables. You can craft up to 135 sq. mm cables (I should fix GUI here \/ ).

• Also I would like to remove blower, tunneling shield, redstone signal switch box and collectors in next version. This will reduce size of a mod and amount of code I need to maintain. If someone need them speak now.

Tunneling shield can be replaced by, for example, railcraft bore machine. But I don't know any equivalent of collectors (not counting drones from some computers mod, but they are surface ones AFAIK).

• But I don't know any equivalent of collectors (not counting drones from some computers mod, but they are surface ones AFAIK).

https://mods.curse.com/mc-mods…aft/224125-pneumaticcraft

Pneumaticcraft have an immersive drones with programmable behavior. If I known about Pneumaticcraft in time I start to develop tunneling shield I wouldn't dare to introduce collectors.

Quote from wormzj

The problem is, during electrolysis the molten salt is not comsumend, and if you use regular pipe or cells both the salt and the target fluid will be drained

You can use IC2 pump or something alike directly attached to electrolizer. It will drain only that fluid which it already contain.
    - 0.619 - Removed explosion radius limitations. Explosion calculation optimized (reduced memory usage). One more detonator and explosive pack recipe. GT6 recipes for both chemical reactors and cryogenic distiller. Max stack size of muffle furnace is limited to 32. A lot of old features are removed.
    Also video:
    https://youtu.be/piJCza9fCdI

• Actually the maximum in game is 24 mm^2
    I still have to set the voltage to x0.03125 to prevent the wire from burning

• Actually I would like to know what else can I do with this cable aside from connecting the electrolysis bath?
    It seems quite complicated and expensive to transfer power with this

• Official Post

Tunneling shield can be replaced by, for example, railcraft bore machine.

Nothing works like the tunnelling shield though, the fact it doesn't move (or at least the original block doesn't) and uses EU are both very useful.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Actually I would like to know what else can I do with this cable aside from connecting the electrolysis bath?
    It seems quite complicated and expensive to transfer power with this

Flexible cable originally designed to transfer power between two energy tiles which are positioned a far away from each other without need to load chunks in-between. Although I never hear or read that someone use them anyhow. I made them not only complicated to craft but also too comlicated to setup HVDC line with them.

• Yeah I think it's probably a good idea to make simplifications, also add a tooltip saying that it works across unloaded chunks

Flexible cable originally designed to transfer power between two energy tiles which are positioned a far away from each other without need to load chunks in-between. Although I never hear or read that someone use them anyhow. I made them not only complicated to craft but also too comlicated to setup HVDC line with them.