[IC2 Exp][1.7.10] IHL Tools & Machines

• Just something related to extended water physics: It works a bit strange and is generally slow, too slow.

I will try to fix that, if i understand, how it should be looking. At first - strange part. Describe, what you find strange. Second - slow part. This may be caused by slow server TPS, also water work faster, than lava, because i want to give player time to run away.
    Remember, that this feature is completely server-side related and can easily be turned off (without nessesary config sync). If this thing is too annoying, just ask invultri about that (to set enableExtendedLiquidPhysics=false). Of course, it needed server to be restarted, sorry about that.

Hm... digging in code, i find out, that you couldn't block liquid movement by placing a block on its way. This?

• I have not tried the mod but it looks pretty sweet. One suggestion I want to make it might be in already. Allow each feature to be turned on and off. Also I would love to request down the road some kind of laser defence system that the Quad Copter could be stationed all around a players base to protect them from mob spawns overtime.

There has been very few and very great defensive type mods when it comes to laser turrets of any kind.

Keep up the good work :)

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• I have not tried the mod but it looks pretty sweet.

Thank you.

Allow each feature to be turned on and off.

Thats easy. Will do.

Also I would love to request down the road some kind of laser defence system that the Quad Copter could be stationed all around a players base to protect them from mob spawns overtime.

You mean to add a flying entity, that kill mobs?

• You mean to add a flying entity, that kill mobs?

That would be awesome :>

EDIT: to the liquid physic: as an example, I was mining and there was a normal lava block. I broke a stone block next to the lava bock and it moved a little bit and disappeared.

• You mean to add a flying entity, that kill mobs?

Exactly! I mean it uses power and you would need a few to guard a big enough area. But yeah it would be a Quad copter that would protect the area around the base. I'm tired of using MFFS or 10000 torches. Everything out there is overpowered and boring. We need new ways to help clean up mobs with unique methods :)

This was such a silly and amazing mod:
    http://www.minecraftforum.net/…-mp-lan-turret-mod-v3-0-1

You build turrets and they could even collect exp and such. What we did is place them all around the entire area and it was a ton of fun rather just placing 100's of torches :)

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• Thanks for the link. I was actually looking for this mod.

Don't ask why. ;)

• Hello, it seems that the entities in this mod are not registered properly, causing other mods to crash.
    more info can be found at
    https://github.com/Dolu1990/ElectricalAge/issues/66
    https://github.com/CoFH/ThermalFoundation/issues/9

I have tried my best, attempting to localize that bug and remove it. Would you be so kind, to download version 0.495-1.7.10, try it again with those mods and tell me results?

Very interesting and promising addon.

Thank you.

Are you going to implement any other cool toys/features?

Yes.

Is there any specific direction you want to go?

I'm aiming to a maximum realism of my devices. That all. No any specific direction.

• I have tried my best, attempting to localize that bug and remove it. Would you be so kind, to download version 0.495-1.7.10, try it again with those mods and tell me results?

i'm using ihl-tools_n_machines-0.495-1.7.10 and it still crash the game by make ThermalFoundation-[1.7.10]1.0.0B1-2 failed to register entity id 72. seems similar to wormzjl's crash report

• I don't know if you have fixed this already, but on kirara I found a bug that deletes items when retrieving a collector while it is holding any item.

Yes, found that. Its a heavy collector version, right? That caused, because i forgot to override one function from "normal" collector class. "Hotfix" version is released (0.493-1.7.2). Wait, until invultri would update server.

EDIT:

Quote from epix

i'm using ihl-tools_n_machines-0.495-1.7.10 and it still crash the game by make ThermalFoundation-[1.7.10]1.0.0B1-2 failed to register entity id 72. seems similar to wormzjl's crash report

I have found two things, that i didn't know before:
    1. Function "EntityRegistry.findGlobalUniqueEntityId()" ridiculously buggy,
    2. There is only 256 free IDs (according FML source from MC 1.6.4) 8| .

But somehow i managed to beat that bug. Version ihl-tools_n_machines-0.496-1.7.10 works with ThermalFoundation-[1.7.10]1.0.0B1-2 (at least at SMP on my assembly).

• Ok it works smoothly now :D

• You haven't won yet :P

Been watching you while you try to figure out this bug.. i'm trying to put it on a dedicated 1.7.10 server but i get this crash report. ( just tested using .496)
    http://pastebin.com/KyvTrvq1

1.7 is completely different from 1.6.4 from what i told it assigns IDs so they don't clash... making modding easier but had everyone redoing sometimes thier entire mods to get it working right.
    (I don't know if there is an FML source for 1.7)
    i went mod by mod til i figured which was was causing it, even asked on the official forms
    http://www.minecraftforum.net/…-id-is-already-registered
    if you can get it to auto assign IDs i think it will eliminate future problems...

• This a very cool addon and I'm in love with the water physics. They need work but there's so much potential. I've spent most of the day trying to drain various bodies of water by placing pipes with drain covers on the bottom. It's something I'd been dreaming about since the 1.5 versions of GT :D

I know that this is a general ic2 addon, but would it be possible to tweak the energy capacity of the handpump with GT installed? You are using batteries with 200k-400k EU capacity to get a 30k EU tool and it doesn't really make sense. I'd love it if drain covers could be tweaked to drain water sources from flowing water like that handpump, but it might be asking too much.

Edit: Just realised energy, etc. are configurable