[IC2 Exp][1.6.4|1.7.10] IC2 mining laser mini mod for MCPC+/Cauldron

• For anyone who need mining laser which does not ignore protected regions I made another mini mod (addon) for IC2 1.6.4 build 397.

New version - fully configurable!

Mod is needed only on serverside.

Tested with worldguard plugin, but I think will work with another protection plugins/mods.

Features:

• Laser cannot break blocks in protected region of another player
    • Disabled explosive mode
    • Disabled scatter mode
    • Disabled plasma launcher (1.7.10)
    • Laser cannot hurt players, villagers and animals

Download:

Feel free to use/decompile/include in the modpacks etc...

Donate

• And Residence plugin ? If that also works on it, it would be really great.
    + explosion mode was in old times able to bypass any protections, even all the others not

Download does not work for me now. (17:33), so no chance to test it
    EDIT: 17:36 all ok

EDIT2: Tested. Works fine with regions and also residences. Explosive mode do not work at all anywhere.

• Hmm Another mode that I find useless is the scatter mode and it can create lag. Is there a way to disable that mode aswell?

Otherwise so far, this is working awesome.

• Uploaded 1.7.10 version, maybe will work with 1.7.2 too.

Awesome! I was a little worried about moving up to 1.7 but you already got it covered. Thanks a million.

ps. any plans to make it have a config to re enable the explosion mode, or disable the scatter mode? It is already awesome and fine the way it is, just wondering if that is a possibility.

• Hutr? I have idea how to "HACK" scatter mode..It may be more dificult like set explosion power to 0, but i think this is the most easily way to do it!

Like setting to explosion power to 0 in explosion mode, i think - there may be way to set angle of scatter mode to zero too. Laser will consume same power like scatter mode, but all beams will fire in one line.

We'll talk together about it on TeamSpeak.

• Maybe with some API call can be scatter mode disabled. I will look to it.

Edit: Looks like quest completed :)

Soon I will release update with configurable Scatter mode on/off :P

• If you are open to larger suggestions, maybe a way to add a item id/name to the config to some other items from some other mods and it could protect damage from their explosions. But I also think that might require alot more work than intended and possibly some bugs that will come around. But If you did do something like that and graduate it to more of a protection mod, I could see some very nice additions, but I do know that this is suposed to only be a IC2 addon, but I thought id run these next two things by you:

------------------------------ Suggestion if there was to be a more generic "protecion mod":
    I have been looking for a way to make a specific block be completely indestructible to explosions like not even disappear for a second. But only for the the certain block I am interested in protecting.

And the item I was looking to protect completely is the grave from openblocks. Because sometimes when you get killed by a creeper, the death places a grave, but the explosion from the creeper that killed you was still happening when the grave was placed so it was destroyed aswell. Which is very frustrating from both a user view and a server owner view.

(the plugin: Towny lets blocks be destroyed, to allow the affect of damages which is really cool, but then it will slowly regenerate the area back, but if the grave is destroyed/deleted the contents are destroyed, and it will get replaced after a few seconds with an empty inventory)

Some other mod items that I wish my server had protection for are the rocketlauncher from MFR(Minefactory Reloaded) and the needlegun

I just ban them since I can't control the use of the explosive and fire ammo, aswell as the "anvil ammo: which is dumb as hell"(places anvils in the location that you shoot)
    but the needle gun is very useful for handling the amount of zombies and monsters we have.
    ------------------------------

But anyways If you aren't into that idea or want to attempt something like that, Someone has already asked if it is possible to add the ic2 dynamite or any of the other ic2 dropable/right click detonate-able items to also have protection. And I think it would be very useful.

• Generic protection mod is very hard to maintain. Many mods does not have any api, which can be used. IC2 have very good api, then is possible make this mod.

That makes sense, I though it was not going to happen, but I thought I would ask. Any chance for this:

add the ic2 dynamite or any of the other ic2 dropable/right click detonate-able items to also have protection. And I think it would be very useful.