Scanner - default recipes

• Hi all,

I was trying to scan plutonium on 1.6.4 build, and I realised that the recipe don't exist.

You could place a (very expensive) default cost for all materials in the game, maybe depending on the tier of the item, and then have the list with particular prices for the items you want to define.

In this way, we could create almost anything we need in game.

PD. To create plutonium, we spend lots of hours waiting, because the life cycle for uranium fuel is too high. We need another way, like this one, to get it (not a cheap way, but just not waiting).

• the reason you can't have a 'default' scanner cost is because i could take an item from another mod (i'll use the BC quarry as an example) and scan it, then have the replicator kick them out.

• Maybe a list of raw materials and values that get added up based on the crafting recipes.
    For example,if a diamond costs 5000mB and a diamond block is made of 9 diamonds,a diamond block costs 45000mB.
    Or if wood costs 20mB,a stick would cost 10mB and a wooden pickaxe would cost 80mB.

• also not feasible. once again if i put a quarry in, it requires a diamond gear. how far back would you have it trace? how would it trace? i can make a wood block by combining 2 slabs, but make slabs by placing 3 wooden blocks in a line(circular recipe)

• I said it would go back to a list of raw items-wood planks,cobblestone,diamond,iron ore/ingots,gold ore/ingots etc.

What about multiple recipes for the same machine/item? Or loops such as the Blaze Rod --> Blaze Powder one?

• Official Post

In the later 1.7 versions it'll indeed evaluate all the recipes, making it possible to e.g. clone a quarry, assuming all raw materials are known and the recipes can be parsed by ic2.

don't forget to add a cost for crafting steps.

• It should actually be cheaper since a quarry is less useful than it's components, and if assembled out of uu there would not be a loss of material that most crafting recipes imply. (also doesn't it still consume the item you scan?)

• Official Post

No, the step cost is definitely on my todo list and has been for a while.

Without that cost any uu material post-processing wouldn't have a benefit, you'd just order the final item instead of some intermediate or raw product to process it conventionally.

Besides that the UU graph calculation time will likely be a lot lower and more controllable as the minimum value search converges faster.