Canning Machines Tank Content Switching

• I personally think the new Canning Machines in IC2 Experimental work in a somewhat stupid (or at least rather non-efficient) manner...
    I'd recommend making them able to switch internally which tank should be used as source for an action, instead of having to build 2 Canning Machines and an awful Waterproof Pipes prop (or just the latter, with emphasis on awful in such case, with one CM only) in order to be able to process something and then actually can it into a Tank or Cell.
    Also, the "Fluid Enrich" mode seems to be unable to fill CF Sprayers or CF Backpacks directly.

I'd also like to add that the way the Canning Machine works right now is quite counter-intuitive and makes it really hard to learn how to use without proper literature, which I was unable to find anywhere currently.

Thanks in advance!

PS: It seems as though I was wrong about not being able to process and can CF directly. I finally managed to get it working. Still, I haven't found a way to get the CF from the right tank into the CF Backpack without having to resort to some pipe contraption, but maybe I'm missing something, in which case I would like to reinforce my mention on the need of updated literature...

• Official Post

the "Fluid Enrich" mode seems to be unable to fill CF Sprayers or CF Backpacks directly.

It can, you simply have to put them in the top left slot (or middle, I forget).

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• It can, you simply have to put them in the top left slot (or middle, I forget).

Why not just use the fluid output upgrade instead? No piping needed.

Yes, I noticed that later, but still had to make somewhat of a contraption to pump the CF that I had already enriched back into the left tank, and later I noticed that all the content of the right tank gets automatically inserted into the container with the next operation... Well, at least I didn't lose anything in the process, except for time, which isn't that much of a matter considering I'm spending it on a game :P Took me a good hour or so after posting here to figure out how the new machine actually works, and that's only for CF still...

• Official Post

That's mostly the issue that the wiki isn't getting updated as no one really wants to/has better things to do. New things will always seem more confusing and difficult than the old, until you either get used to it, or just know how to use it.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.