Asking for help! My IC2 doesn't work with Optfine(And I really need that)

• I tried to install IC2 with Optfine, and it just can't find textures. It give me tons of error and end up with this.
    When I removed Optfine, everything seems to be normal...

So how can I make the IC2 work with optfine?I really need that for some specific computers...

thanks a lot...

• Official Post

Ahem, Optifine doesn't work with IC², not the other way around :P

But try the Optifine Version linked above. NOTE: You won't be able to use the Network Tool of Applied Energistics when having Optifine installed.

Another thing is, that you don't actually need Optifine anymore, the Settings of regular Minecraft are more than enough to boost your FPS.

• Another thing is, that you don't actually need Optifine anymore, the Settings of regular Minecraft are more than enough to boost your FPS.

Although I know that you are a mod designer, and I respect your great knowledge abut this matter, I can't believe that you posted this... If not for other things, optifine helps loading chunks more fluidly than without it. Game is 100x smoother on my i7 @4.2GHz with 16GB RAM, 6 giga allocated to the JAVA engine (xms, xmx) and GTX 580 GPU. It's all to bad optimisation on the Mojang's side.

If I am wrong, please explain how can I make the game load chunks without lagging too much ? and I am not trying to be ironic here, I really want to know if there is another way around this issue, than optifine...

BTW, I've already posted a message where I told how OptiFine 1.7.10 A4, Forge 1178 and IC2 b504 are finally working togehter. look here: [1.7.2]Crash with optifine

I may not be qualified anympore to submit IC2 bugs, since some may arise from optifine, but I will continue to keep an eye on things...