Client Crash - IC2 for MC 1.6.4 (due to Greg's Lighting)

• Hi IndustrialCraft Community,

I am trying to install IC2 v397 for (client) Minecraft v1.6.4 using Forge v9.11.1.965.

I've placed the following files in .\mods: industrialcraft-2_2.0.397-experimental.jar and industrialcraft-2-api_2.0.397-experimental.zip. I have also changed Block IDs in .\config\IC2.cfg to ones available, as I was receiving an ID conflict prior.

I receive the following crash exception on load: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException.
    Crash Report: http://pastebin.com/uywAznXF

The following are the IDs I changed prior to the error:

I hope to find a solution : D . Thank you for reading and in advance for your time!

- Polite Master

• Official Post

1. Get rid of the industrialcraft-2-api_2.0.397-experimental.zip, you don't need that
    2. What is your config file for Greg's Lighting, that is what is causing the crash. I'd bet it's now conflicting.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Hi Chocohead,

Thank you for your quick response. I appreciate the information about removing the API file!

I compared the IDs of Greg's Lighting and found they do not overlap; they are below for reference.

I have also tried running without the API file, but I crash with the same error.

With regards,

Polite Master

• A second thing I tried (it failed) was keeping the IDs of blocks originally below 255 the same. These IDs did not originally conflict but were changed to keep all IDs next to each other.

I tried this in case the error was actually an out-of-bounds exception, as IDs sometimes need to be within certain ranges. However, no difference was made in the crash report. I returned IDs to the ones posted above.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

- Polite Master

• Official Post

What version of Greg's Lighting do you have? You need to have one of the Greg's Lighting Reloaded builds to make it work with IC2 experimental.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• Thank you very much for checking for me. I saw the Greg's Lighting website and see that the author mentions IndustrialCraft compatibility.

I have version GREGSLIGHTING-1.9.1-MC1.6.4, and the author says IC2 v2.0.281 exp. has been tested. I will try this IC2 version and repost.

- Polite Master

• Official Post

Presume it worked?

I see this too much.

• Sorry for the wait Chocohead o/.

I had a technical issue with Excel, which I'm using to manage my IDs. Unfortunately, the error persists using the other IC2 version.

I deleted the IC2.cfg that was generated with v397, deleted the mod (v397), and moved v281 into .\mods. Afterwards, I got an expected ID conflict and reissued new IDs (different from above).

Once I ran again, I received the same problem: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException error.

I am still looking for suggestions. They are always appreciated!

- Polite Master

P.S. I am going to now try running the client without Greg's Lighting and with IC2 to see what happens. I will edit this post with the result:

P.P.S. Yes, the client successfully loads without Greg's Lighting and with IC2 (and vis versa). It is when these two mods are installed together that it crashes.

• What version of Greg's Lighting do you have? You need to have one of the Greg's Lighting Reloaded builds to make it work with IC2 experimental.

Also, I wasn't quite sure what you meant by Greg's Lighting Reloaded. I looked for it on the author's website and briefly on Google with no proper result.

I do not want to change the current version/fork of Greg's Lighting, but do not mind if an older IC2 version is required. Thanks in advance, Chocohead.

• Thank you for your response, masterzh. I appreciate both links.

The first one I had already seen. I am not familiar with basic programming and was uncomfortable with compiling.
    The second has what Chocohead mentioned! However, as aforementioned, I can't change the version of Greg's Lighting from 1.9.1 (original fork).

In this case, should I presume this version of Greg's Lighting and IC2 are incompatible? I am still looking for a solution, and your thoughts are welcomed :) .

With warm regards,

Polite Master

• Official Post

What are your used item IDs for IC2? A conflict between Greg's Lighting and IC2's is all I can think of other than them just being outright broken.

I see this too much.

• I'd be happy to send the current ones again (in spoilers). Greg's Lighting IDs are identical to ones in earlier post; IC2 IDs are different.

.\config\GregsLighting.cfg

• .\config\IC2.cfg

• Official Post

Hmmmmmm, last ditch attempt - try using this version and config. It worked for me, so it might work, maybe?

Why doesn't the forum let you upload .cfg files? You'll have to extract it out of a zip instead.

• Thank you Chocohead :) . I will try it within an hour and repost.
    ---

No :(

I removed my version of Greg's Lighting from .\mods and added GregsLighting.jar to the same folder. I uncompressed the .cfg file and placed it in .\config.

After running I crash with a similar error report: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException. I did not check your .cfg, but surprisingly, the IDs must not overlap with my other mods' IDs (I have a large number installed).

I also tried running with your version of Greg's Lighting and my .cfg--but no luck (java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException).

Thank you for the valiant attempt. I will continue looking back here for solutions : ) .

With warm regards,

Polite Master

• Official Post

Not sure why it's crashing then. Maybe someone else has fresh ideas to try?

I see this too much.