For the people who have actually gone out to see Age of Extinction already

• Does it have a unique plot 3

1. No (3) 100%
    2. Yes (0) 0%

For anyone who has seen Age of Extinction yet, does the overarching plot resemble this statement (In a point in the past, the transformers show up with a weapon on/ near earth with the intention on using it, the Decepticons are revived, something shocking happens to the Autobots and we move to the final battle)? If it doesn't, great, there's a unique plot in this series, if it does, then we have the movie version of Call of Duty.

• Official Post

I doubt there is any unique Plot in any recent Movie or Series. They just throw all previous Plots together and pick things to make a new one. That is every Movie ever.

I haven't seen it, but based on my Statement above it isn't worth going to the Cinema anymore for any Movie, especially if it is like the previous Transformers Movies.

• It is worth seeing. The point is to watch massive amounts of spectacular destruction. In fact, it is only worth watching in theaters, as you don't get the same experience sitting at home (unless you have an insanely expensive home theater setup). Transformers has always been about 3 things: Blowing shit up, making money, and stupid bits of dialogue. The point was never to deliver a unique story, or any story at all, really. That is what Godzilla got wrong, and Pacific Rim got right. Fuck the actors and their stories. Blow shit up.
    At times, Michael Bay gets caught up with trying to make people feel emotional about certain characters and that gets in the way, but those occasions are few and far between, something forgivable when Optimus Prime drives a 2 story tall sword into a Decepticon chest. The sheer levels of destruction make up for those slip ups, and the fact that you dont give a fat, flying fuck about the characters makes death easy to push past and get right to the blowing-shit-up part.
    Age of Extinction was no different, and it was awesome in every possible way. It was fun, the story was forgettable, it was expensive and it make metric fuckloads of money, the characters were annoying as all hell, and the amount of destruction made you nearly giggle with joy.
    This is my opinion, but one that I know many others share.

Do with this what you will.

EDIT: Also, since good movies with good plots these days (the few of them there are) don't often come with mind-blowing SFX or stunning visuals, I agree with Greg that most movies are not worth watching in theaters, but it is the ones like Pacific Rim and Transformers, the ones that are shitty enough plot-wise to bore you at home, but come with stunning visuals- those are worth watching and shelling out the stupid amount of money to watch in a theater.

• The only thing i can say to it is this, read the reviews in my Transformers Marathon on my reviews blog to see what I think of the franchise and of its story along with why i think it had survived 40 years. Call it pathetic, but I love this franchise but I hate what Bay's doing with it.

• s to

Well done, those are very good reviews.

I was talking from the perspective of someone seeing the Bay movies as Bay movies, not someone seeing the Bay movies as the horrible disservice to the originals. I personally never got into any of the older ones, though many of my friends did and do- and the one thing I can say is that most of them love the Bay movies for the same reasons I do.

I think that the Bay movies need to be thought about radically differently than the originals however. Instead of a "continuation" or "reboot" or whatever ill-suited word for them there are, the Bay movies are a playground. A playground for him to blow shit up.