Build 500 Celebration

• Official Post

How are you guys celebrating 500 builds of IC2 Experimental?

I'm struggling how the new reactors work

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Official Post

First you need to take several blocks of lead, and shove them in your mouth.
    Chew, foo'.

• Official Post

I tried that. Got 50% penalty for it being in EU mode :S

Thunderdark, why you no add reactor glass too? Glass is so much nicer than Lead Block textures

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• Official Post

Seeing in is so much nicer than this!

And yes, this is how you build it.

• Official Post

And reactors need to auto-eject hot coolant. That way you can fully automate IC2's nuclear reactors using IC2, rather than needing an other mod.

Or add an upgrade to automatically pull from a tank or inventory. That'd be really useful!

I see this too much.

I tried that. Got 50% penalty for it being in EU mode

in EU mode Output are equal too early... in Heat mode +100% more heat output

• Official Post

in EU mode Output are equal too early... in Heat mode +100% more heat output

I managed to work that out. The fact that the normal reactor structure went inside the horrific lead box was a surprise though.

I see this too much.

• Official Post

What's the befit to the giant lead ones? With 1 fuel rod in, an old one makes 5 EU/t, while a lead one produces 8 Hu/t, which should equal 8 EU/t. But from what I've found, the old nukes are outputting energy faster. So unless the old nukes don't last as long, I don't see a benefit to the giant lead ones.

I see this too much.

• Official Post

Remove the old reactors >:D
    Suggestions:
    Perhaps, since the reactors are much more like irl nuclear boilers, a Pressure valve (Which displays EU/t and Heat level, instead of in the main GUI) could be added somewhere on the outside. There should also be a high tensile strength (Just a bunch of iron plating) frame for the reactor, since the lead is only needed as a radiation shield and doesn't make for very good structural support (Since you need a strong edge if you are going to have a square boiler). Perhaps later a "Reactor alarm" could be added which lets of a nice loud siren to tell you your reactor is about to explode ;D

Unrelated, but does each fluid port only let in/out a certain amount of fluid per tick or is it infinite?

• What's the befit to the giant lead ones? With 1 fuel rod in, an old one makes 5 EU/t, while a lead one produces 8 Hu/t, which should equal 8 EU/t. But from what I've found, the old nukes are outputting energy faster. So unless the old nukes don't last as long, I don't see a benefit to the giant lead ones.

With 1 fuel rod 8|8|8| take 2 and run for 60 sec.

EU Mode = 24.000 EU
    Fluid Mode = 29.280 EU

Unrelated, but does each fluid port only let in/out a certain amount of fluid per tick or is it infinite?

to time infinite amount

• Official Post

So the fuel rods have to touch. Aaaaaaaahhhhhh. Interesting how this can affect reactor builds...

I see this too much.

• So the fuel rods have to touch. Aaaaaaaahhhhhh. Interesting how this can affect reactor builds...

You can use the ReactorPlanner he shows the heat.... heat*2 = current heat output

• Official Post

Next thing, the explosions of the new ones... :D

I see this too much.

• Official Post

Holy crap. That was worth the 2 and a half stacks of lead plates that it takes 8)

I see this too much.

• everything is still at the beginning next part ist use heat for steam generation..... ;) and use steamturbine to get more EU/t as with the poor efficiency of Sirling Engine

• Official Post

Wow, I didn't realise you were going for the full system :D

Okay, I found a bug with the heat exchanger. When the Hot coolant cells are used up, they deposit the universal fluid cell in the second slot of the cold part of the heat exchanger, However the exchanger only uses empty cells from the first cold slot, not the second, so it jams the machine.

• Official Post

Okay, I found a bug with the heat exchanger. When the Hot coolant cells are used up, they deposit the universal fluid cell in the second slot of the cold part of the heat exchanger, However the exchanger only uses empty cells from the first cold slot, not the second, so it jams the machine.

You're not meant to mix Universal Fluid Cells and normal Empty Cells. Universal Cells are better in every way anyway :P

I see this too much.

• Official Post

You're not meant to mix Universal Fluid Cells and normal Empty Cells. Universal Cells are better in every way anyway :P

I wasn't, the machine is simply putting the empty UF cells in the wrong slot.