Build 500 Celebration

• Official Post

Then it sucks :P

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Ok, I haven't played this for a while, a lot of new stuff is going on, which is GREAT! Now - how do I build this thing ? I made 5x5x5 cube out of pressure vessels, right ? Inside is a reactor with 6 reactor chambers - so it's a full reactor. I placed access hatch, redstone port and fluid port. My question is - when I hover above green "i" sign (guess it's short for info) it says something like - "...in EU mode, throttle 50%". I can start that reactor with the switch on the redstone port, can access it trhough the access hatch, but how can I manage fluids (coolants) ? Do I need another mod (buildcraft for example) ? And how do you change modes ? What does EU mode even mean - I guess it's the old EU/t power generating system... So - what is the other mode, and how to get to it ? I think I didn't make this reactor of mine as it should, since it's stucked in that EU/t mode. Explosion is also very small, smaller than with the regular one. Nothing like SiriusKing's power blast :)

Okay, I found a bug with the heat exchanger. When the Hot coolant cells are used up, they deposit the universal fluid cell in the second slot of the cold part of the heat exchanger, However the exchanger only uses empty cells from the first cold slot, not the second, so it jams the machine.

is not a bug but a design decision... 2 Inputslot for hotcooland and empty Cell ... and 1 Output slot for all outputs.
    reason: if you place a Lava-Bucket in Inputslot ..empty Bucket must go into the Outputslot because the second Inputslot not ALLOWED empty Bucket...
    possible solution: add second Outputslot.... if "empty Bucket" can not access second Inputslot redirected it into second Outputslot... no more jams

And how do you change modes ?

when the structure ( full reactor inside 5*5*5 cube) is set up properly the mode will automatically switched to Fluid Mode..

but how can I manage fluids (coolants) ? Do I need another mod (buildcraft for example)

to time i use AE2 + ExtraCell2 in my development environment for testing..

Explosion is also very small, smaller than with the regular one

Yes the pressure vessels attenuates the explosion a little

• Official Post

i use AE2 + ExtraCell2 in my development environment for testing..

Ahhhh, I used Ender IO

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• Thanks Thunderdark, I made that 5x5x5 cube. It was a bit unclear if it needs to be solid or hollow box. Earlier, I made it all around the reactor, filling all the gaps with the vessels. It was still 5x5x5, but it was a solid cube, not a hollow one... Now it works properly in fluid mode.

Also - where can I find some more info about how to work with this particular reactor ? I mean the new features, I know how to blow up the old one successfully :)

Now I will install AE and see what's that hU/t is all about :thumbup:

• Official Post

Also - where can I find some more info about how to work with this particular reactor ? I mean the new features, I know how to blow up the old one successfully :)

You can't, you just have to play with it yourself :P Hint, look at the liquid heat exchanger and liquid coolant

I see this too much.

• Well this liquid exchanger works really weird, as ChocoHead already posted. If I put a stack of full hot coolant cells in the left slot, It will will fill up the machine with the heated liquid and it places one empty cell on the most right slot (output slot 2). Now if you take that empty (used up) cell and place it on the slot 1 (left slot of the output part), it will fill itself from the output tank and then it contains cold coolant. when it fills itself to 1000mB, it jumps in the slot 2, preventing the empty cell to be placed there, jamming the whole machine. No matter if I use Universal or plain empty cells. Also I didn't mix cell types.

This leads me to conclusion that on the output side of the machine, there is one input port for the empty liquid cells (slot 1) and one output port for the used (filled or emptied) cells on the slot 2.

I would code it differently so it is not jamming itself. Port 1 is always filled with the empty cells, used or manually placed ones, and the port 2 would contain only filled cells. Another slot (3) would serve as filling slot (if needed - for half-filled cells). So when the cell fills up - it goes into slot 2. When the cell is used up in the proccess of filling the machine (lava or hot coolant) it goes into slot 1. This way no jamming would occur. What do you think of this ? Is it even possible to code that this way (since port 1 would become out port for the used up - emptied bottles, also input port for the manually inserted empty bottles at the same time) ?

• Well this liquid exchanger works really weird, as ChocoHead already posted. If I put a stack of full hot coolant cells in the left slot, It will will fill up the machine with the heated liquid and it places one empty cell on the most right slot (output slot 2). Now if you take that empty (used up) cell and place it on the slot 1 (left slot of the output part), it will fill itself from the output tank and then it contains cold coolant. when it fills itself to 1000mB, it jumps in the slot 2, preventing the empty cell to be placed there, jamming the whole machine. No matter if I use Universal or plain empty cells. Also I didn't mix cell types.

This leads me to conclusion that on the output side of the machine, there is one input port for the empty liquid cells (slot 1) and one output port for the used (filled or emptied) cells on the slot 2.

I would code it differently so it is not jamming itself. Port 1 is always filled with the empty cells, used or manually placed ones, and the port 2 would contain only filled cells. Another slot (3) would serve as filling slot (if needed - for half-filled cells). So when the cell fills up - it goes into slot 2. When the cell is used up in the proccess of filling the machine (lava or hot coolant) it goes into slot 1. This way no jamming would occur. What do you think of this ? Is it even possible to code that this way (since port 1 would become out port for the used up - emptied bottles, also input port for the manually inserted empty bottles at the same time) ?

Build > 500 ?

• I've just saw you updated it to 502 :) :) :)
    I was writing this for the build 500. Will test the new machine now !

EDIT: Great stuff. Much more logical. It is better than I thought it would be ! Thanks for listening to us on this :)
    I haven't tried canning machine yet, I remember it had a bit confusing way of dealing with it's filling job, but I guess it's taken care of by now. If not - the same way of thinking like this one here, should be applied.

• Of course, once I start working on Nuclear Control, you change the nuclear system entirely >.>, thanks guys :p. Looks cool though, but I need to investigate it.

Help the Official FTB Wiki reach a billion pages! [I had to keep changing it so there ^^]

Someone should fix the gravel texture in the background. It's been years now, come on people.

• Official Post

Of course, once I start working on Nuclear Control, you change the nuclear system entirely >.>, thanks guys :p. Looks cool though, but I need to investigate it.

You should, it's great fun :)

I see this too much.

• You should, it's great fun :)

have not even started ..but do not worry xbony2 ...nuclear reactor core will not be changed only balance hU output over time..
    if you need some date which are not in the API ..ask myself

• Official Post

Awww, you removed the water heater. It had the best GUI of any mod ever! :D

I see this too much.

• Official Post

I assume the fluid regulator is the best method of putting cold coolant back into a reactor?

Edit: Well it probably would be, but I crashed upon the first bucket being put in D: http://pastebin.com/9AktzXaw

• I assume the fluid regulator is the best method of putting cold coolant back into a reactor?
    Edit: Well it probably would be, but I crashed upon the first bucket being put in D: http://pastebin.com/9AktzXaw

fluid regulator will be an important component in the cooling system..toTime just something to play around
    your exact setup before the crash ?

• Official Post

I'd like to point out that we completely ignored how the water heater had a new GUI just before it was removed :D

• I have liquid regulator working here - it even fills the ore washing plant with water - no crash at the moment. But - I have troubles orienting it's output slot towards the reactor's fluid port. It's impossible unless you play in creative :wacko:
    Another weird thing is... erm... how do you power up the new generator ? Before it was working as soon as I put some uranium rods. Tried with all kinds of crap, exchangers, valves, filled with the coolant... It just stays deaf to my commands. I routed the redstone to the redstone port, turned the lever on, but nothing happens. BTW what that redstone port is exacly for ?

EDIT - Oh, yeah. Build 504

I have troubles orienting it's output slot towards the reactor's fluid port

shift + wrench right click opposite face ;)

• shift + wrench right click opposite face ;)

Thanks, I just figured it out now :) But what about the other stuff ? Is it WIP or something else ?

EDIT: Yes, somehow it started working... It kept taking coolant liquid from the exchanger, devouring it constantly (?!) even after the internal cold tank was full. No hot coolant was transfered to the other tank, no fluid ejector. but in one moment it crashed to desktop. Will try another one with the fresh world. FML 1178, BTW
    Bucket with water just filled it, but was completely ignored by the reactor (since water isn't the proper coolant)