Build 500 Celebration

• Thanks, I just figured it out now :) But what about the other stuff ? Is it WIP or something else ?

EDIT: Yes, somehow it started working... It kept taking coolant liquid from the exchanger, devouring it constantly (?!) even after the internal cold tank was full. No hot coolant was transfered to the other tank, no fluid ejector. but in one moment it crashed to desktop. Will try another one with the fresh world. FML 1178, BTW
    Bucket with water just filled it, but was completely ignored by the reactor (since water isn't the proper coolant)

Try Build #505 fix Regullator (tank empty crash bug)

make please some pic from you setup .. then I can say more

• I didn't wanted to bother you, since the error was the same as the Sirius'es... Now it's fixed in 505, no more empty hot tank :) How cool is that :D

I have built a kind of perpetuum mobile: Reactor feeds Fluid Heat Exchanger with the hot fluid, through it's Reactor Fluid Port - equipped with the ejector, at the same time, Heat Exchanger ejects the cold fluid back into reactor. It's heat is used to power the Stirling Generator. As a power consuming device, I placed one Mass Fabricator 8| See the picture:

Yeah, I put two fluid reactor ports and two fluid heat exchangers, just to show it can be done...

But now, this config makes the Fluid Regulator a bit obsolete in this kind of reactor setup. I don't need to mess with the fluids, since they are circulating through the system (with no losses :thumbup: ) Once I feed the machine with the cold coolant, I don't have to worry about fluids anymore. it's self-sustaining.

I think that fluid regulator could use some more ports, for example to eject it's stuff. Maybe it needs an ejector ugrade slot, too.

• Well scratch that, it's not completely lossless, especially when you heat it really good:

Coolant evaporates somewhere between the seams of the reactor, polluting the environment :D

• :D nice simple setup...

Fluid Regulator a bit obsolete

not really for him there will be an important task .....when I get further into SteamTurbine

Coolant evaporates somewhere between the seams of the reactor

not really Fluid Heat Exchanger have input buffer of 1000mB... only a limited Cooling rate

...not really Fluid Heat Exchanger have input buffer of 1000mB... only a limited Cooling rate

...and that's where fluid regulator comes in handy... you can easily refill the coolant which is lost.

I got a CTD (crash to desktop) again, after my ingenious contraption blew up. I will investigate some more, then I will post about my findings.

EDIT: It worked fine this time. I've just blew it up again altogether with the machines I've previously used, and got a nice healthy hole in the ground :) Must be some small glitch, I have Optifine too, so...

• Official Post

Must be some small glitch, I have Optifine too, so...

Optifine only causes visual glitches, so unless it was rendering the explosion which optifine didn't like, it wouldn't have affected it.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Optifine only causes visual glitches, so unless it was rendering the explosion which optifine didn't like, it wouldn't have affected it.

Well it happened at the same time as the explosion. I saw a white light and that was it. My soul went to desktop :) I don't want entirely to blame OF for that, but second attempt was ok, nothing crashed... Will look some more, of course.

• Official Post

this looks really awesome! I'm really liking the direction this mod is going, good job all devs!

Thats actually just a picture of an upscaled regular nuke, which has been in for ages. In the config you can set the maximum power of them, and this is a power 200 weapon.