Forge Multipart Support

• I realize this has been suggested before, but I would like to broach the subject once again.

Forge Multipart support.

With the current cabling system, putting machines of differing power tiers in close proximity is a bit ... clunky, to say the least. Particularly if one doesn't have the spare resources to spend on transformer upgrades, or simply doesn't want to, whatever. With FMP support, you could simply toss a 'cover' block up and stop cables from canoodling.

Additionally, it would be a very nice way to route things like wire from Project:Red. You could basically use the same pathways as the power cabling and make things look very nice indeed.

It would even allows us to hide power cabling in a 'wall'. (Yes, I realize that you can just spray construction foam on the cabling, but it's nice to be able to make the block truly look like almost anything.)

• Official Post

With the current cabling system, putting machines of differing power tiers in close proximity is a bit ... clunky, to say the least. Particularly if one doesn't have the spare resources to spend on transformer upgrades, or simply doesn't want to, whatever. With FMP support, you could simply toss a 'cover' block up and stop cables from canoodling.

Painters.

It would even allows us to hide power cabling in a 'wall'. (Yes, I realize that you can just spray construction foam on the cabling, but it's nice to be able to make the block truly look like almost anything.)

Extend the flexibility of blocks that the obscurator can copy.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Painters.

Ah, well there you go. Not entirely intuitive though.

Extend the flexibility of blocks that the obscurator can copy.

It's actually not working at all for me right now, probably a bug though.

And it still doesn't address having redstone wiring in the same block space as the power cabling.

• Official Post

It's actually not working at all for me right now, probably a bug though.

It's not perfect, but with a bit of (coding) work, it could work really well.

And it still doesn't address having redstone wiring in the same block space as the power cabling.

Unless IC2 adds something similar to Buildcraft's pipe wires, then no, it doesn't.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• It's not perfect, but with a bit of (coding) work, it could work really well.

Unless IC2 adds something similar to Buildcraft's pipe wires, then no, it doesn't.

But that's the whole point. There's a whole library out there that already has support for this. Why not use it?

Plus there seem to be more and more mods doing so, Applied Energistics 2 and Mekanism, to name two.

• There's a whole library out there that already has support for this.

and it is totally incompatibel with IC2 Cabel Renderer... without complete rewrite no Support...

• It is far too buggy. Less buggy than Elo's implementation (of course she did it when It was even harder, so nothing bad about that) but still very hard to get right. Even TFC's multipart planks (not part of multipart duh) which have been around for a while are having z fighting issues.