Coolant Cell

• Hello,
    I have the Problem that I can't produce the Coolant Cell. Chocohead said that i shoud use the Canning machine with Walter,Cells and Lapis Dust but I tried that and this don't work for me ( Build V531) I used the fluid enrich mode of the machine.
    So have you a other solution for me or is it a Bug?

EDIT: Now i can place the Dust in the Canning machine (When water is in the Tank it don't work. But if I have an empty Tank it don't produce the Cells :( and i don't know how to fill the Tank with water (i filled it before with BC)

Also a picture: http://img5.fotos-hochladen.ne…ningmachineiuoc1xm0ay.png

Industrial Craft 2 is the Best mod ever :thumbup:

P.S. Sorry for any mistake. I come from Germany ;) :whistling:

Edited 2 times, last by JanXP ().

• Build >= #535
    1 Lapis Dust+ distilled Water or 8 Lapi Dust + Water

Build < #535
    1 Lapis Dust+ distilled Water

• Official Post

Aaaaah, so it did change. Could've said :P

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Official Post

Which bit don't you get?

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• Well i know that i must use the Canning machine :D
    I use the fluid enrichment mode but the machine don't start when i have Destilled water cells and Lapis Dust.
    Or must i fill the Destilled water into the machine and when yes how i do that.

EDIT: And i don't know how i produce destilled walter cells I use the Creative Mode to test it

• Official Post

OK, you have to get the distilled water into the left hand tank. Either you use a universal fluid cell of distilled water then you can right click it straight into the tank, get another mod's tank and pump it in (since it is a liquid) or get another canning machine, set it to empty from cell into tank mode and then either use another mod's pipes or a fluid ejector upgrade to get it into the first canning machine.

Distilled water comes from the steam generator producing steam, and pumping the steam into either a condenser or a kinetic steam generator. The kinetic steam generator can make EU from the steam, but needs a turbine. The condenser doesn't need a turbine, yet it needs EU.

I see this too much.

• Ahhh there is one last Question: how the Steam generator generatest steam? ?( I have filled water inside but how i make the water hot?

EDIT:Oh my god... To create destilled water you need so much things and so much time :( why its so complicated...

Edited 2 times, last by JanXP ().

• Official Post

Ahhh there is one last Question: how the Steam generator generatest steam? ?( I have filled water inside but how i make the water hot?

First of all, it's slow. Like really slow. There is a line in the config which lets you choose how slow it is:

Code
    ; Balace Values for Heat Capacities (Water per 1mB) and boiler
    [balance / steamgenerator / heatcapacities]
    water = 50
    boiler = 5000

I've already changed them, but essentially, the lower they are, the faster the water will heat up.

To heat the water, you must use the new mechanic - heat. You can tell a machine makes or needs heat by if it has a copper coloured square on one of it's faces.
    In order to transfer heat, you must have a heat generator's square touching a heat acceptor's. There are many ways to generate heat:

• Solid Heat Generator - burn items to generate heat - 10 heat
    • Fluid Heat Generator - burn fluids* to generate heat - 8, 16 or 32 heat
    • Radioisotope Heat Generator - use RTG pellets to generate heat - 0 to 24 heat, 6 heat per RTG pellet
    • Electric Heat Generator - use EU to generate heat (1 EU = 1 heat) - 0 to 30 heat, 5 heat per coil added
    • Liquid Heat Exchanger - Cool either lava or hot coolant to generate heat - 25 to 100 heat, extra 25 heat per added vent

* Fluids count as:

• Buildcraft Oil and Forestry Biomass - 8 Heat
    • Forestry's Ethanol - 16 Heat
    • Buildcraft Fuel - 32 Heat

Your best bet is to use a Liquid Heat Exchanger with 3 heat vents in, which given either hot coolant from a reactor or lava, will generate 100 heat and is the best heat generator currently available.

I see this too much.

• ok my boiler is heating up and can i place the condensator dircetly to the Steam generator and the Steam automaticaly goes in there?

• Official Post

ok my boiler is heating up and can i place the condensator dircetly to the Steam generator and the Steam automaticaly goes in there?

Yes, the boiler auto-ejects the steam it has. If it's buffer fills to 10000 mb of steam and it isn't used, it will vent it and smoke particles will go everywhere.

I see this too much.

• In Version 534 the SteamGen doesn't auto-eject to a canning machine next to it, it doesn't auto eject into the turbine below it either, so something is wrong there...

The ability to customize the output direction would be great.

Like 2 additional Wrench modes, "Set Output" and "Set Input" but i guess that would be a hell of code rewrite

• No, Yeganer, not only would that be a lot of code to add to wrenches, but there is already a pre-established standard for setting ejection direction in IC2. I think the steam generator should have upgrade slots that will take a fluid ejector upgrade.

This discussion should probably be moved to the Steam Generator thread anyway.

• Hello. I came to the Forum, searching for this also.

I want to share my set up in a test world. I think it should work.

Inside the condenser I left some Empty Cells.

I'm not sure I understood how to get from here to the 10K Coolant Cell.

But my question is. All this is needed to get the items needed for the Overlocker Upgrades for the machines? Is there anyway to make recipes show in NEI in 1.7.10?

Thanks a lot.

PS: Why it takes so long to boil water? :huh:

• Official Post

Why it takes so long to boil water? :huh:

There's a config option for that

Is there anyway to make recipes show in NEI in 1.7.10?

No, the canning machine recipes are either mistaqur's fault, or broken completely.

All this is needed to get the items needed for the Overlocker Upgrades for the machines?

As long as you have a canning machine for the distilled water and lapis dust in, yes.

I see this too much.

• There's a config option for that

No, the canning machine recipes are either mistaqur's fault, or broken completely.

As long as you have a canning machine for the distilled water and lapis dust in, yes.

Hey Thanks for the answer. Yes I think I'll touch that config a little bit :)

Other than that I like how it makes you use all the machines, as you finally will get an item that is really useful so, hard work to get it, makes sense. I just was a little bit clueless as I remember not having problems with this recipe in the past, but I guess the changes and not showing in NEI got me confuse.

Thanks again ;) Love this Mod. And I saw in some videos about the Crop-Matron, so that's next for testing in my list :)

• ; Balace Values for Heat Capacities (Water per 1mB) and boiler [balance / steamgenerator / heatcapacities] water = 50 boiler = 5000

I couldn't find that line in IC2.ini using industrialcraft-2-2.2.522-experimental.jar

• Official Post

I couldn't find that line in IC2.ini using industrialcraft-2-2.2.522-experimental.jar

You'll need to update IC2, it was added in a newer build than that.

I see this too much.

• You'll need to update IC2, it was added in a newer build than that.

Ok, let's see if I did it right, really take a while to make, but I guess I finally got it. Let me show you what I did and see if I'm making extra steps or it's ok.

I finally end using 3 Canning Machine.

From left to right. Lava Drum, 3 Geothermal Generators, Electric Heater, Water Boiler, Condenser, Canning Machine, to get the distilled water into 1 can.

That can in another Canning Machine, with water in the left tank and Lapiz Dust in the center to make the Coolant. Transfer node to take that Coolant into a 3rd Canning machine to the the Coolant Cell.

:wacko:

Makes sense? I overcomplicated, or it's ok.

BTW Even increasing the Boiler power to make things faster, the whole process used more than 1 drum of Lava :S