Suggestion: Radiated blocks (After Nuclear Reactor goes boom)

• Go for this (configurable ofc)
    a ghast spawner NTM several would be pretty apocalyptic
    after blowing up your reactor (or nuking)

• I had another idea that might be more interesting:

The Nuclear explosion tears a hole in the fabric of Minecraft space and time. What this really does is convert some blocks into or create a number of mob spawners for Nether mobs (Nether mobs in the overworld!). They should be concentrated near the bottom of the pit. Then you can get your DOOM on and try to get near the spawners to plant a TNT to get rid of them or die trying.

I always liked this one. I always wanted that for say large TNT explosion have to many it rips the fabric of time lol

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• But fun though...

BTW ShadowDrgn
    you showed a screenshot of a BC map on the MCF EE thread , i would verymuch like to have the seed for that map and the coords from whence you took the screenshot
    could you give them to us please?

• It doesn't make much sense for a nuke to spawn Nether mobs, now does it?

Sure it does if you imagine it tore a hole through to the Nether world. You have to imagine there's a one-way portal down there after a nuke explosion that won't be drawn because we're not going to ask for art for that. (Actually it's not that imaginative for anyone that's played DOOM).

Or, for the unimaginative to see it another way, if blocks that cause damage per tick puts out too much CPU strain, then use mob spawners instead. You still get an area that's very dangerous and damaging.

• Or as previously stated make them tick very rarely. It's not like radiation instakills you IRL...

Unless there's some fudgy code limitation I'm pretty sure the evolved form of the OPs suggestion would be workable.

• Or as previously stated make them tick very rarely. It's not like radiation instakills you IRL...

Unless there's some fudgy code limitation I'm pretty sure the evolved form of the OPs suggestion would be workable.

Well it's entirely possible that they could base radiated blocks off cactus as the uranium mod I saw in a yogscast mod spotlight did pretty much the same thing as cactus, damaged you if you stepped on uranium ore and destroyed items if they landed on it.

• Couldn’t radiation be implemented using code from the potion-system?
    Being radiated would just be a state like what the result of drinking a potion (or getting bitten by a cave spider) is
    (I haven’t made one myself so far, so I don’t exactly know about its properties)

Using this approach, it should be fairly easy to deal damage over time.

Then, there would be only the problem of how to get radiated.
    I think that the air should deal radiation, while the ground should be radiated (and maybe make the air above it radiating)
    Radiation could (and should) also spread, but I fear that this could be a problem for the CPU. :S