Can not craft advanced machine casing

• Is this just me or is there a problem crafting an advanced machine casing in ic2 experimental - 556?

If just me i'll provide more details

Forge 7.10.18.1180
    Buildcraft 6.0.17
    IC2 2.2.556
    Forestry 2.4.230

• Official Post

You'll almost certainly be doing it wrong. The recipe is:

R C R
    A M A
    R C R

R = Refined Iron Plate
    C = Carbon Plate
    A = Advanced Alloy
    M = Basic Machine Casing

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Ok, Thanks.

I was trying to us this recipe http://ftbwiki.org/Advanced_Ma…asing_(IndustrialCraft_2)
    (Without the refined iron plates).

I have since installed the NEI mod which agrees with your recipe but how do I make refined iron plates? They appear to have been removed.
    http://ftbwiki.org/Refined_Iron
    As of Minecraft 1.6 and IndustrialCraft2 Experimental Refined Iron has become obsolete. It cannot be created anymore in any way, and all occurences in crafting recipes have been changed to use either Iron Ingots or the new Iron Plates.

Replacing the refined iron plates with either iron ingots or iron plates in this recipe does not appear to work.

• Official Post

You really need to get NEI, it'd tell you all this. You have to make a blast furnace and make the refined iron in there.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• Official Post

Yeah it does...

I I I
    I M I
    I H I

I = Iron Item Casing
    M = Basic Machine Casing
    H = Heat Conductor

I see this too much.

• Mate, I've only just found NEI. I've also just found the arrows next to "shaped ic2 crafting" that take you to the blast furnace page. But what nei doesn't tell you is how to use the blast furnace. I've fed it an iron ingot and an air cell but I obviously have to feed it fuel or energy in some form as it says "Heat: 0%". Google has also failed me as the only blast furnace I can find is the multi block ones form railcraft or Greg tech. So don't give me shit about not trying and spoon feeding.

• can anyone else help me on how to set up the blast furnace? I also cannot get it to work.

I have an electric heat generator sitting next to it powered and the 6 air cells and some ingots in the furnace but still nothing happens.

Also my electric furnace is hooked up but not generating any heat

• Official Post

How about a screenshot? Have you put coils in the electric heat generator? Have you got the copper squares facing each other?

I see this too much.

• I got it to work!

I needed 4 coils total in the electric heat generator and I didn't have the copper plates facing each other.

Is there a place that has the instructions for the new machines documented? Or am I in the right place on the support forum?

Also i noticed there is only one copper plate on both the heat generator and the blast furnace, does this mean I would need a unique heat generator for every heat fueled machine?
    or can i chain them together like electricity.

Thanks a bunch Chocohead! Sorry about not having a screenshot earlier. Even with little info from me you were still able to nail the 2 spots i hadn't got yet =]

• Official Post

Also i noticed there is only one copper plate on both the heat generator and the blast furnace, does this mean I would need a unique heat generator for every heat fueled machine?

Yes, apart from the steam generator, which can accept heat from 4 sides.

Is there a place that has the instructions for the new machines documented? Or am I in the right place on the support forum?

The new stuff is essentially undocumented, so your best bet is either to work stuff out yourself or ask here.

Thanks a bunch Chocohead! Sorry about not having a screenshot earlier. Even with little info from me you were still able to nail the 2 spots i hadn't got yet =]

No problem :)

I see this too much.

• Official Post

Empty Cells in a compressor. It hasn't changed since they were added.

I see this too much.

• universal fluid cell wont work, right?

however... created empty cells (first had to create the metal former ^^), wanted to put them into the compressor PAM game crashed :/
    but seems to be working after all :) thanks

• Official Post

universal fluid cell wont work, right?

No.

The blast furnace doesn't use the cells up, so it's not like it's costing you any more tin to use.

I see this too much.

• Please explain to noob what can i do:
    I have minecraft 1.7.10
    Forge 10.13.0.1207
    BuildCraft 6.0.17
    IdustrialCraft 2.2.618

How can i create Advanced Machine Casing step by step?

P.S. I have Carbon Platex2, Advanced Alloyx2, Basic Machine Casing