Help with Upgrading IC2

• I run minecraft 1.7.2. So, I already have IC2 experimental. I am using build 2.1.464 experimental. I want to know if I can upgrade to the latest build without having an error in an older world I have. Also I have to use experimental build in 1.7 right?
    Also is there anything that I should be aware of that has changed since then? For example, I heard there is now a steam engine(whatever that does).\

Thanks.

• easy answer:
    make a backup of your world, then upgrade IC2/MC. If it corrupts it, revert IC2/MC and restore your backup and try to fix the issue.
    I did this when updating from 1.4.7 to 1.6.4. Took quite a few tries before everything worked right.

• Official Post

You should be ok. Some things will be gone, but they were either the transition items from 1.6 to 1.7 or the fuel can/plant ball fuel chain stuff that was reworked.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Here is the crash report:

• Official Post

If you use IC² as your main tech pack, i think it is. Two power systems got added, kinetic and heat, machines that will generate them and generate energy from them. Refined Iron (steel) got added back with a new production line. Nuclear reactor got reworked.

I really can't explain all these changes, you may have to take a look on them on your own or check the newest threads about them.

• I see. So the changes are pretty major then. I will try to change my server into it. Can I keep my 1.7.2 world? I believe all I had to do was copy the world folder to the new 1.7.10 install right?

• I tried upgrading but I keep crashing after a few interactions. I made a new world and keep getting a crash report but I am bad at reading these so I have no idea Why it crashes. Any ideas? Is there a specific version of Forge I should use?

• Yup after a few tries I realize that sometimes when I go into the kinetic generator UI it crashes. Also when I use craftguide but that is totally unrelated.

• it does not appear to happen every time or even often. Just sometimes. I think it might be related but when I try to run a server with it. If I use the EU reader it crashes with no error log.

• when it crashes, there is always something in the logs, just look throug them.

fml-client-latest.log for client/SP and fml-server-latest.log if you are running the server jar