[WIP] Gregtech Survival Guide [v2, GT5, 1.7.10]

• [1.6.4] A Survivor's Handbook: Dealing with Hardmode Gregtech

This is the successor to the great guide by Nonotan shown above. It is a work of the entire community, with me as the editor in chief. The guide covers a wide range of mechanics, and needs contributors. I am nearing the stage where I am comfortable converting it to PDF and publishing it, but there is still plenty to document.

I retain the right to edit everything here, including privileges:
    https://docs.google.com/docume…O2Fou6zM/edit?usp=sharing

RELEASES AND THINGS

BIG GIANT RED TEXT YOU MAY WANT TO READ

• Official Post

How to use IC2 crops effectively

They have been lacking a good complete guide since they were added.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• UPDATE NEWS NOW!

Design for handbook finalized. (Oswald and Droid Serif)
    Layout begun.

What needs to happen:
    Calculations for utmost efficiency
    Actual content ;)

• Having contributed 2 paragraphs, I tried to add a comment and immediately encountered just how utterly infuriating Google's linked account system is. Because if you at any point create an account that has your real name on it, and link any other account to that account, there is no way to un-link the accounts and there is no way to make your real name NOT display on everything you post.
    Having my real name thrown around the internet isn't all that much of a problem. The real problem is that there is no similarity at all between my real name and the name that I use for all online interactions, so if I post something as Paladin One, and if I post something else as my real name, there is no way of knowing that those are the same person.

The really infuriating part is that there's no way to un-link linked accounts, and that it's damn near impossible to delete and re-create an account; once an account is created that username stays tied to it even if the account is "deleted".
    [/angryrant]

• Look forward to seeing how this comes along. You mention PFAA ore gen in OP, but I play with normal GT oregen. I hope you elaborate on both.

Thanks, I do to :)
    And I plan on covering both, focusing on pure GT oregen, but providing info if you have PFAA installed.

Having contributed 2 paragraphs, I tried to add a comment and immediately encountered just how utterly infuriating Google's linked account system is. Because if you at any point create an account that has your real name on it, and link any other account to that account, there is no way to un-link the accounts and there is no way to make your real name NOT display on everything you post.
    Having my real name thrown around the internet isn't all that much of a problem. The real problem is that there is no similarity at all between my real name and the name that I use for all online interactions, so if I post something as Paladin One, and if I post something else as my real name, there is no way of knowing that those are the same person.

The really infuriating part is that there's no way to un-link linked accounts, and that it's damn near impossible to delete and re-create an account; once an account is created that username stays tied to it even if the account is "deleted".
    [/angryrant]

Thank you very much! Also, your steam calculations could come in handy.
    And as for real name, I just gave up. It shows up as J Calkins in drive, and I don't really care anymore. The system is frustrating, but it is the best we have so I think we may just have to suck it up :( sadly

• J Calkins isn't me. That's the guy who was working on this before me. I didn't post my comment because I knew it would get lost under an unknown name.

• Wrote Bronze age stuff into the doc and also some initial steps of electric age. Writing style is all over the place tho.

Thanks :) I have been drowned in schoolwork, but when I get the chance I can go over the document and make it cohesive. For now we just need info.

• If anyone had saved a copy of the 6-7 page versions, that person might want to replace the current version with a saved copy.

For some reason it looks like most of the document was deleted for some reason.