[WIP] Gregtech Survival Guide [v2, GT5, 1.7.10]

• This is practically useless on Kirara 2.0's modpack because I can't get much bronze because of PFAA and Thaumcraft/GT steel transmutation means you can skip through the entire bronze age.

• Hello Queue,

1.Can I translate the survival guide to the traditional Chinese version and republish to other forums?
    I'll let you know when it's done and ready to publish.

2.I want to translate the pages about GT on the FTB wiki (to traditional Chinese too), and I want to add <translate> templates on it,
    but it's not working at all, it just giving me

""This page contains changes which are not marked for translation.""

After Google, I found that I need the translate administrator to get the translate work faster
    Does anyone know how to get the admin?
    I'd appreciate it if anyone can tell me :)

• 1. Absolutely! Credit all of the people who contributed (not just me) from the second page of the document, but feel free to do so. No need to contact me when it's done, just go right ahead. As long as you credit the people who contributed, there is also no need for you to link to this forum post.

2. I've contributed to the GT wiki, but the FTB wiki is not mine. I suggest contacting SpwnX or retep998 on this forum.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, since this came up, I have some news. Gregtech 6 is coming out. As a result, I am ceasing all work on the Survival Guide. It was a project too daunting for me to finish and since it got essentially molested by trolls, the editing restrictions have made progress very slow. Since the guide will very soon be obselete and I have a lot of things on my plate at the moment, I am handing off the document to the community for real this time.

Once Gregtech 6 comes out, the guide is anyone's to copy, edit and distribute freely. My only request is that you properly credit all of the people who put time and effort into creating the document. You can credit me as the original creator, but from the time Greg slaps the first release of Gregtech 6 I no longer have control over the document. If anyone wants to piggy back off the GitHub, contact me there and I can give you the repository.

Any questions, PM me here or on the FTB forum. And as said above, feel free to translate it.

When GT6 comes out, I'll make a decision on what to do for a future survival guide. Until then, adios.

• I have GT 6.00.37 and I don't know why but I can't seem to smelt bronze dust in the furnace. I don't know if you have to use a crucible or not, but I literally can't find anything except copper, tin, and banded iron, which doesn't smelt into iron aparently. I'm new to GT so, I'm sort of totally lost here. Is magnetite supposed to indicate the nearby presence of smeltable iron?

• I don't think this is the appropriate thread for that, since this guide is for GT5, not GT6. I haven't really used GT6 myself, but I skim new posts in the main GT thread, and I remember reading that a lot of metals now require the crucible rather than the furnace, so I wouldn't be surprised if that applies to bronze dust as well.

However, for something more on topic, there's something I've been meaning to mention for a while: the guide recommends making a gear mold for steel gears for a bending machine, but the electric pistons in the recipe for a bending machine require small steel gears, which can't be molded with an alloy smelter (steam or otherwise).

Edit: timelord92 also, since GT6 is still in "open alpha", and you say you're new to GregTech, I suggest you either wait until GT6 has at least reached "open beta" before trying it, or use GT5u instead: [GregTech-5][1.7.10-FORGE-1355+][Unofficial but approved Port] Finally a real endgame! Now new: Achievements!

• Yes, this is most certainly not the thread. I've been wondering though, if it's worth making a new guide based off GT6... though any decisions on that will have to wait until June 20th.