Magnetizer improvement

• Official Post

The magnetizer main purpose is to serve as an elevator, thats good, however its unflexibility is a problem.
    I propose a change:
    Add upgrade slots (5 slots)
    There will be 3 upgrade slots for overclockers, the first increases max poles that are magnetized, the second increases the area of effect and the third increases the strength of the magnetic field (upwards speed). All of these will increase power draw, of course.
    Add supermagnetic upgrade which allows anything to be magnetized upwards, no need for metallic boots or whatever anymore. Increases power consumption by a factor of 5.
    Allow magnetizer to magnetize connected iron fences on all 6 sides, instead of only up and down (thus you can have one magnetizer powering 4 different poles and allow magnetizer chains).

Edit: Add button in the GUI to change magnetization axis, so you can have horizontal magnetizations, allowing superspeed pathways, good for mobgrinders for example.

• Official Post

Add supermagnetic upgrade which allows anything to be magnetized upwards, no need for metallic boots or whatever anymore. Increases power consumption by a factor of 5.

How does this affect if you've got metal boots? Does it still have the increased power consumption?

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Official Post

That'll work for me.

Thinking about it, it'd be nice if we had a config for what counted as metal boots, since there a quite a few mods which add them, Railcraft's steel boots for example, which don't work but logically should.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• That'll work for me.

Thinking about it, it'd be nice if we had a config for what counted as metal boots, since there a quite a few mods which add them, Railcraft's steel boots for example, which don't work but logically should.

Well, the metal boots need to implement an interface for it to actually work properly. So, I don't see a use for the config option, without of course, some internal re-workings.

• i would say make upgrade options for it.. to extend the range..

allow stacking of multiple ones to multiply the effect ( 2 stacked = 40 3 = 60 4 = 80 and so on) but using full power for each block for the trip

going to the sides would be imho too much..

• Official Post

The side thing is to allow greater flexibility, where you choose between one or several magnetizers to do the same job.
    I've mentioned upgrades for range, aoe and speed in the main post. Considering IC2 system stacking them would indeed amplify its effects.

I wanna try a superoverclocked magnetizer with a stack of speed overclockers now... (to the infinity and beyond!) that would be silly and fun.

Edit: added a horizontal magnetization option in the suggestion.

• The side thing is to allow greater flexibility, where you choose between one or several magnetizers to do the same job.
    I've mentioned upgrades for range, aoe and speed in the main post. Considering IC2 system stacking them would indeed amplify its effects.

I wanna try a superoverclocked magnetizer with a stack of speed overclockers now... (to the infinity and beyond!) that would be silly and fun.

Edit: added a horizontal magnetization option in the suggestion.

could work.. but would you use minecarts? IE a mono rail?