Quantum Suit Chestplate Buff

• Official Post

The Q-Suit Chestplate is meant to make you immortal, yet mods like Tinkers Construct add armour avoiding weapons, which therefore ignores the immortality, meaning that the high cost isn't really worth it. Is there any way to make it avoid the armour avoiding tools, so you are immortal out right? Like applying Resistance V, which means you can't take any damage, but without the particle effects?

This is mainly so that the Quantum Suit is the best armour end game, rather than being behind one which just adds health to you, like Tinker's or Botania's, which BTW wreck the Nano-sabre's ability to one shot non electric armour wearing people, but that's a different point.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Official Post

Last time I tried, a rapier bypassed Q-suit's protection. That was 1.6.4 though.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• It's also possible to code that if you are full quantum suit and your quantum suit still have energy, then all damage income >0 will be changed to 0.

• Official Post

This seems to be much more relevant now, since Tinkers recently added new bows that seem to ignore armour, Blood Magic has armour avoiding stuff, it seems like the new cool thing to do is ignore armour.

The Q-suit's invincibility making you invincible to anything would be a massive reason to actually craft it (since it's so expensive compared to other "immortal" armours).

I see this too much.

• How long until there are weapons that ignore armour that ignores weapons that ignore armour?

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?
    Need low-lag renewable power?
    Come to ImmTech Intragalactical this thread for free UUM!

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

• Official Post

I think at that point, the weapons will just set your health to 0, so there would be no way to avoid it using anything :P

I see this too much.

• How bout we nerf the QSuit? Make it a tad cheaper, and less OP. That way the player has to actually worry bout shit. Config-able ofc (like Forestry Gamemodes).

• Official Post

How is it OP? Compared to other forms of "immortal" armour, it is crazy expensive. You have the nano-suit for "cheap" (ignoring the 16 diamonds needed, +16 for MFE) near, yet not full normal damage protection.

I see this too much.

• At the cost of energy ^^

And guys, sorry for being a little inactive, I was taken in urgence ( urgency ? sorry, it's french, dunno how to say that in English ) in a hospital because of an appendicitis crisis, I just came out of the hospital, but I feel like s*** , and I barely can stay alive for more than 5 min ( then, or I fall asleep, or I fall "asleep" or whatever it's called because of pain , évanouir in french X( ) Edit : Faint, I think it's the translation I'm searching for évanouir :b

I feel a bit better for now ^^

• I must admit, I was kinda thrown off by the quite large gap in utility between the NanoSuit and the QuantumSuit, and the exponentially increased production costs between the two. This seems alleviated somewhat by the magic that is the digital miner advanced miner and it's ability to continue to pull a large amount of materials out of the ground for you once you get to a substantial Tier 3 setup, thus allowing for continued production into power devices for the Mass Fab, but it feels like there could be an in-between set (or perhaps upgrades to the NanoSuit) that could fill that role.

Yes, the QuantumSuit is quite powerful, but as a 'balance' it's quite the grind to create (and at least for the helmet at present, maintain). I can't speak for whether it ignores armor-piercing weapons (as I both don't use Tinkerer's Construct and play modded minecraft on SSP), but I agree that if it doesn't it should; otherwise it makes all that resource-farming, including about 76.8GEu (assuming 16MEu = 1mB UUM) completely pointless if some scrub with a TiCo rapier can come in, kill you and (I'd argue even worse) steal your shiny QuantumSuit (I mean, isn't that the reason the nanosaber destroys it on hit, so that kinda thing doesn't happen?)

Just my two cents.