Two Reactor Liquid Coolant Setup

• Has anyone thought of using two reactors, one with 60k coolant cells to cool it in cycles and then a second one with the reactor pressure vessel to convert the stored heat to energy through liquid coolant.

I have not tried this yet due to the amount of time it takes for cycles to happen.

The idea is to use a hopper clock to make a reactor run for 80 minutes or so generating eu and storing heat in a bunch of 60k coolant cells. After the cycle you move the coolant cells to a reactor surrounded in a pressure vessel. THe reactor just contains a bunch of heat vents to vent the heat into the liquid coolant.

I think this would give much more eu for your uranium.

• yup its been done, iv made 5x5 reactor CRCS systems in a couple of test worlds after seeing a post by someone else in the 5x5 reactor thread. in reality they are not as good material wise as a full OC vent microcycle reactor (see my posts in The new 5x5 IC² Reactor) and the current mods that can automate the CRCS are lacking (basically ae and maybe project red but i never got PR to transfers the cells at the damage amounts set properly)

you CANNOT heat cells in a normal EU reactor then cool them in a coolant reactor to double dip on EU, if you heat a cell (or any componant for that matter) in a EU reactor it wont let you put it into a coolant reactor until it has lost all damage (heat) that was gained in the eu reactor. it even has a tooltip that says so, devs are way ahead of you there :)

if you want to automate a reactors on/off cycles use project red. its the boss with timers, state cells, comparators that read/compare much more accurately. and the nuclear control addon is getting updated too its still basic, but works alright for a few things

• you CANNOT heat cells in a normal EU reactor then cool them in a coolant reactor to double dip on EU, if you heat a cell (or any componant for that matter) in a EU reactor it wont let you put it into a coolant reactor until it has lost all damage (heat) that was gained in the eu reactor. it even has a tooltip that says so, devs are way ahead of you there

Just tested and found this result. Came back on to delete my post but you beat me to it.