Flickering texture problem (z-fighting?)

• Hello I'm new to the forum.

The problem is with flickering textures, everytime any of my IC2 machines starts or stops. It looks like some Z-fighting occurs on the front texture of the machines, as it is rapidly swaping machine state textures, I mean ON texture with OFF texture. It lasts for 5-6 seconds and I see that only when I move my mouse around.

As you can see on the screenshot, bottom left macerator texture is partially swapped with his "OFF" texture, presented on the bottom middle macerator, while full "ON" texture is on the right macerator.

It happens only when I move my mouse around, so does it qualify as z-fighting? Can it be solved?

This is minecraft 1.6.4, Tekkit with some extra mods, also Optifine.
    WIth Optifine removed, there is no problem though. But Optifine is essential to me. Is there a solution to make it work together properly?
    How it is working by you guys?

To make things clear, this is not a power related issue.

• Official Post

Is it? I used optifine in 1.6.4 and all my machines were fine.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Is it? I used optifine in 1.6.4 and all my machines were fine.

Try all 4 world sides - NSWE. Maybe from your side is everything OK, but from other side the texture can flicker.

• Official Post

Try all 4 world sides - NSWE. Maybe from your side is everything OK, but from other side the texture can flicker.

No, all the sides are/were fine. Guess optifine is just patchy or something

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• I remember when I played Minecraft last year, I think it was 1.6.2 and I had ic2 with Optifine and it was OK.
    Now in 1.6.4 I had the same problem with JABBA barrels + Optifine, the front side was flickering when I moved around, and I solved the problem by downgrading JABBA a few versions (1.0.3).
    I tried the same with ic2, I went down to build #300 but with no result.

Does somebody know what was the first build for 1.6.4?