Overflow power?

• Is there anyway to make it so that extra power being put into the energy grid could get redirected to another grid? My problem is that I don't want to have 2 seperate grids in order to run my mass fabricator full out, I want it to run with the excess power from my main grid. I was thinking the electrolyzer could siphon extra power from my end MFSU, and then I could buildcraft pipe it to a second MFSU running my mass fab, but the electrolyzer is way too slow to consider for that. Only other thing I can think of is to have a duty cycle on my mass fab, but that's not a very good idea IMHO. Any one have any ideas?

• I am seeing some interesting behavior. I have a MV Trans -> 1 glass cable -> MFS Unit. Also from the middle cable is a much longer run of glass to my mass fab. My MFS gets over 30u/s while the mass fab gets almost 5u/s. I would love to know why the mass fab isn't sucking all the power down or at least getting half. The split is interesting to me, and curious.

• Well if you put a MSFU between the grids powered by redstone, it would only send power into the Mass Fab grid when the MSFU is full.

• That does not really work though for these purposes. I have not needed such a thing yet (I just have mass-amounts of solar generators feeding to a singular power station), but I can see the point. What is actually wanted is a power unit that directs to one direction if things there need power, else it directs to another direction if they do not or of any excess that is unused by the first direction.

Like this for example:

Code
    / Storage(MFE/MFSU/BB's/whatever) -> Primary facilities
    Power Gen -> Regulator
                   	\ Mass_Generator/Etc...

A Regulator (Working Name, not accurate for its job) could, for example, be a block where, when wrenched, have its primary output on that side, and the secondary on the opposite side, taking power on all other sides. Whatever power it receives would be directed to the primary for everything that wants however much power, any remaining goes to the Secondary output.

An example, the Power Gen feeds 64EU/t to the Regulator:

• The Storage is empty because all manner of devices are in use down the line so all 64 EU/t goes to the Storage line.
    • Now say the storage is almost full, has a 16 EU/t drain due to one or two devices down the line taking that, thus the Regulator feeds 16 EU/t to the storage/Primary line and the remaining 48 EU/t goes to the Secondary/Backup/Whatever line.
    • Or if nothing is in use on the primary and all storage is full then all 64 EU/t would go to the Secondary/Backup/Whatever line.

Hmm, this might not make a bad suggestion post, perhaps multiple levels. I shall also submit this in suggestions. If only I had access to an IC2 SDK or code so I could make an addon myself for this. I have read all of the suggestions over the past few days, I certainly hope I did not miss a similar request... Please forgive me if so...

• Just made it, link to addon post http://forum.industrial-craft.…page=Thread&threadID=1143

• For my mass fabr I simply split the cable right before the MFSU, that way the mass fabr gets 50% and the MFSU gets the other 50% until the MFSU is full, after that the mass fabr gets 100%.