Bring Back Coalfuel

• Official Post

Coalfuel was pretty useless, since all it really did was fuel the fuel powered jetpack, which no one really used anyway.

My suggestion is bring it back, and just make it burn for more in the generator so that early game when you're burning coal, you actually have a better form to use before you start on green gens/nuclear/other non-early game power source. You could also bring back the old coalfuel processing chain but make it end with coal being a liquid, which could be burned in the semi-fluid generator for even more EU, and to power the fuel powered jetpack. But since it was a liquid, it wouldn't be able to go in the jetpack if there was biogas there (since before, the jetpack was either filled or not filled, so plant and coal materials could be mixed together). You could even bring bring back superfuel, as a mixture of coal and plant matter, and potentially power the jetpack with that instead of just coal fuel or just biogas.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Official Post

Also, coal can be turned into oil through hydrogenation process, but this is for GT.

For IC2:
    Coal + water in canning machine with enrich mode = Coalfuel fluid.

Coalfuel fluid + biochaff in canning machine with enrich mode = SuperCoalfuel fluid.

Coalfuel burns for 3x coal
    SuperCoalfuel burns for 6x coal

• Official Post

Coal + water in canning machine with enrich mode = Coalfuel fluid.

Coalfuel fluid + biochaff in canning machine with enrich mode = SuperCoalfuel fluid.

That'd work, although I'd really like the recipe to use hydrated coal dust, since that's underused even more now that coalfuel's gone.

Maybe just using hydrated coal dust in the canning machine with water to get it into a liquid fully. Or maybe it needing to get compressed/extracted first.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Coal should be used to upgrade biofuel to normal fuel.

Hydration and other nonsense not really required.

Also redstone\glowstone\gunpowder and probably quartz\lapis\sulfur can be used to improve conversion rate.

1000mb of biofuel + coaldust + "catalyst or none" == variable amount of fuel from 200 to 1200 based on catalyst used.